General Bombers Talk Essendon Football related COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing Freo in Rd 1 means no WA hub for us...cop that Weagles.

EDIT: Although I feel for WA Bomber fans who would actually be able to go see us play.

Last edited:

Worsfold:

“We get the opportunity to change the groups after we get the results of each test back and those groups have changed multiple times over the last five or six weeks and they’ll continue to change,” he said.

“It really comes around where the maximum benefit in terms of benefiting the team is while taking into account the possible risks.

“The groups are changing constantly so the groups well put together for today and tomorrow’s session may change for Friday’s session.

“There’s going to be a risk in whatever way it happens. Ultimately the best way to avoid that is to not mix the groups around to where you think you can take more risks.

“You’ve got to make sure that if you get a positive result anywhere along the lines, you’ve taken all the precautions that the spread of (the virus) will be minimised.”

There is some chance we could be part of a rolling hub with Melbourne in Perth where we could play the Melbourne game and Fremantle - Or possibly we could play Melbourne in the NT.

These hubs in WA or whatever are errant nonsense - We have an AFL industry working in a confined bubble with twice weekly COVID 19 tests, so in effect a secure environment - Yet they can't fly in and fly out for games where they have no contact with the public, YET soon WA will allow 60,000 into a stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some chance we could be part of a rolling hub with Melbourne in Perth where we could play the Melbourne game and Fremantle - Or possibly we could play Melbourne in the NT.

These hubs in WA or whatever are errant nonsense - We have an AFL industry working in a confined bubble with twice weekly COVID 19 tests, so in effect a secure environment - Yet they can't fly in and fly out for games where they have no contact with the public, YET soon WA will allow 60,000 into a stadium.

Just tribal point scoring from McGowan really; ‘dem dirty Vics! Stick it to the VFL!

AFL players doing FIFO Airport to Crown - Optus - Airport would have to be one of the lowest risk groups possible.

Heavily tested, little to no contact with anyone outside of the Crown / Optus bubble, no contact with the public.

We've played Freo already.

We've played Freo already.

I understand we have played Fremantle But at some stage we have to play Melbourne - So it could be that game is in Perth as part of a rolling hub.

I understand we have played Fremantle But at some stage we have to play Melbourne - So it could be that game is in Perth as part of a rolling hub.
No it can’t, it will only be clubs that can play both WA clubs plus the Melb club. He may go to hub in another state.

No it can’t, it will only be clubs that can play both WA clubs plus the Melb club. He may go to hub in another state.

It is a still a possibility because you can have more than 2 teams in the hub - NT could be a possibility seeing that Melbourne has an annual game.

Media coverage of anything is so polluted I now demand laughs with my scepticism. Right or wrong give me someone like Jimmy Dore any day over anything coming out of mainstream media. His recent YouTube "Dr Fauci Lied about facemasks' at least brightened my day a bit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back