Essendon have NOT admitted to a systemic program of giving players banned PED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called correcting the public record.

Like what North did when Caro tried her latest anti-Brayshaw exercise last week. They corrected the public record and Caro begrudgingly apologised.

I wonder where Robbo will go now that Essendon have corrected the public record like they have done tonight.
This is strange too.

Caro is one you expect to cross the line and step on toes - but robbo just wants to be loved by everyone. It is totally against his style of journalism and writing to do that.

This morning I thought Essendon were cooked based on the statement that they had admitted to using AOD. Now the club has retracted I wonder where that leaves robbo? It's a quirky tale this one.

So it isn't time for the Bombers to smash open skulls with hammers and feast on the goo inside?

Geez!!, make up your minds.

How funny are all the Essendon nuffies grasping at a little bit of hope and thinking that the word "concede" is going to save their drug cheating arses ..........

This is strange too.

Caro is one you expect to cross the line and step on toes - but robbo just wants to be loved by everyone. It is totally against his style of journalism and writing to do that.

This morning I thought Essendon were cooked based on the statement that they had admitted to using AOD. Now the club has retracted I wonder where that leaves robbo? It's a quirky tale this one.
Also, what's the go with Essendon delaying the release of the report for legal reasons?

*Essendon are "not making any public comments whilst there is an ongoing investigation" EXCEPT when it suits them to make "public comments whilst there is an ongoing investigation."

Have I got it right?

They're adhering to the process except when people make stuff up in the public arena about them, yes.

Sorry if that annoys you, actually no I'm not. :thumbsu:

As I stated very early on, the media went way too hard, too early. Now they NEED a guilty verdict, because if not, they are perfectly aware what Essendon will do to them once this is over.

Some here say things like "oh the media would never get that wrong, they have lawyers for this stuff." To which I relate the story of Kerry Packer, and how he named his two swimming pools, the Murdoch and the Fairfax, in honour of who paid for them. :thumbsu:
So because Kerry was corrupt Essendon are innocent?

This is strange too.

Sure is quirky...but was the information Robbo reported this morning correct? Or was it just more speculation?

Because whether we all like it or not, how much of what has actually been said been proven correct? Not a lot.

So the speculation gets started, spreads like a wild fire, people on all sides of the issue are ready to tear strips on whoever comes across them and disagrees and we're still back to where we were 3 months ago!

The ONLY people in possession of the facts are those being investigated and those at ASADA doing the investigating.

Everyone else is basically playing darts blindfolded.

As I stated very early on, the media went way too hard, too early. Now they NEED a guilty verdict, because if not, they are perfectly aware what Essendon will do to them once this is over.

Some here say things like "oh the media would never get that wrong, they have lawyers for this stuff." To which I relate the story of Kerry Packer, and how he named his two swimming pools, the Murdoch and the Fairfax, in honour of who paid for them. :thumbsu:

mate u may want to watch afl 360 !!!!!!

They're adhering to the process except when people make stuff up in the public arena about them, yes.

Sorry if that annoys you, actually no I'm not. :thumbsu:

Aaaah, "adhering to the process"

Got it.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure is quirky...but was the information Robbo reported this morning correct? Or was it just more speculation?

Because whether we all like it or not, how much of what has actually been said been proven correct? Not a lot.

So the speculation gets started, spreads like a wil fire, people on all sides of the issue are ready to tear strips on whoever comes across them and disagrees and we're still back to where we were 3 months ago!

The ONLY people in possession of the facts are those being investigated and those at ASADA doing the investigating.

Everyone else is basically playing darts blindfolded.
It was stated as absolute fact - no journo wash over the top about sources or 'insiders say'. That's why I considered it to be more than Caro-style speculation.

It was stated as absolute fact - no journo wash over the top about sources or 'insiders say'. That's why I considered it to be more than Caro-style speculation.

And yet within what 18 hours, the club comes out and disproves it.

The club would have not have done that if they felt the article was correct.

Geez I reckon we could get the mob on ABC's Media Watch on this issue. They thrive on this sort of thing.

LOL Essendon the victim here

There is so much smoke blowing through windy hill that not even they know the truth yet they should open their eyes to the way people feel regarding the handling of this . Disgraceful !

At best they have been completely negligent in care for the players and they will lose some , at worst they have been complicit in systematic doping , lying and cover ups and if that is the case everyone involved needs to be wiped from the league forever .

The brand of the bomber is being destroyed and that is a sad thing !

And yet within what 18 hours, the club comes out and disproves it.

The club would have not have done that if they felt the article was correct.

Geez I reckon we could get the mob on ABC's Media Watch on this issue. They thrive on this sort of thing.
I've said a few times that I reckon this saga would make an excellent media case study for journalism students.

Does anyone actually believe this spin? Kim Jong-un has more credibility than Essendon at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back