Essendon have NOT admitted to a systemic program of giving players banned PED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to watch the 360 replay tonight. A summary;

- Without naming sources I got the distinct impression Robbo's info was direct from ASADA
- Robbo made the important distinction that the EFC has not contacted the federal police but they will, the article starts with "Essendon will contact ......" Let's wait and see.
- Robbo rightly pointed out that if the EFC did not use banned drugs why does anyone care about the letter? If they didn't use them just say so.
- Robbo gave no indication at all that he will retract anything - he stands by every word.

I guess papers will be served on Robbo tomorrow!

I don't think so, all Robo wrote was he had seen a document that showed Essendon admitted to using AOD-9604. A substance WADA has now announced is banned.

He never ever once say Essendon admit to using a banned substance, that Essendon said we admit and concede the program included a banned substance. Nor has Essendons latest statement denied the use of AOD-9604, it just says the Essendon have not in an offical interview conceded that AOD-9604 is an illegal substance.

Essendon are still going in with the defence that we ran the program to the best of our knowledge that was within the guidelines and not illegal. Essendon may not beleive that but that's their stance in any offical manner.

If the media make a statement as fact, they seem to be taken as fact one way or the other. And yet they don't provide anything to back their articles.

So using the North Melbourne example once again, Caro went on Footy Classified last week about Steve Saunders over-ruling Con Mitropoulos on medical matters. The club corrected the record pretty bloody quickly and that Caro, when challenged, apologised publicly for getting it wrong.

Now Essendon have taken the same path on this issue. When you defend yourself and correct the record on your behalf, you do not have to present evidence that disproves the original statement - it's a case of telling it straight.

As any politician about that. Every single day Canberra sits, at least 4 people correct the public record in the Parliament.

Different path altogether. North challenged Caro immediately, explained publicly what the truth was and demanded a retraction - through Scott and Brayshaw in different media channels - and got it.

Essendon have not explained themselves and have not called for an apology or retraction. They just clarified a point. To the naked eye, the claim that players had been routinely injected by their club with banned PEDs would seem significantly more serious than claiming a doctor had once or twice been overridden on a medical issue - yet the reaction is much more muted.

Essendon's PAID PR machine in full action here.

We have not conceded that we were on a systematic program.

But you claim to have a letter or seen a letter that confirms that AOD was not prohibited to use.

But you are considering your legal options as to the validity of information and advice that you were given.

But S Dank, while under your employ, is confirmed and has confirmed he contacted WADA for advice on the use AOD.

We have not...

What did you have for lunch today?

We have not...

Some letter somehow no-one has a copy of though having such information is critical for providing the basis for managing significant business risk. Now apparently some East German esk defence line about ignorance of certain legalities of substances - if this allegation is true mind you.

This whole episode is like watching an awful slow motion train wreck and I really feel sorry for the players having to go through this crap as I assume they know as much as us at the moment? And if this is the case, that would be kinda scary.....

I'd be far more interested in a press release from Essendon that denies that their players or coaches have taken

AOD-9604
Celebroysin
Alpha Thymosin-1
Beta-Thymosin-4
CJC-1295
GHRP-6
Melatonin
Hexarelin
All substances were logged champ, so ASADA will know.

I do like how you've pulled some of those out of your arse based on, what, a rumour Gerard Healy heard 12 months ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your eventual reaction to the outcomes of this whole investigation is part of what makes this exercise so worthwhile :thumbsu:

I've been quiet on this issue but I must disagree with you here. I think the denialist's reactions will be much more interesting. If in fact they hang around long enough once the results have been released. :)

All substances were logged champ, so ASADA will know.

I do like how you've pulled some of those out of your arse based on, what, a rumour Gerard Healy heard 12 months ago?

Lance_Uppercut,

Im going to be utterly ecstatic if no Essendon player has taken CJC-1295.

The reason people need to be pinged for the probably safe AOD is so that dangerous s**t, that actually *failed* clinical trials on safety grounds like CJC-1295 did, definitely isnt used.

But yeah. This statement was a non-event - at absolute best, it was a non-denial denial.

Becoming a real soap opera now and my sympathy is now gone if they are proved in the future to have cheated the drug code.
Stop the games and put the real story on the table even if popular heads have to roll.

Regardless of any eventual result this situation has tainted the whole AFL 2013 season.

He doesn't deny they were given AOD rthough. Continues to delude himself AOD wasn't banned.

*Essendon are "not making any public comments whilst there is an ongoing investigation" EXCEPT when it suits them to make "public comments whilst there is an ongoing investigation."

Have I got it right?
Ask The Prosecutor. He's their official Big Footy spokesman.

If the media make a statement as fact, they seem to be taken as fact one way or the other. And yet they don't provide anything to back their articles.

So using the North Melbourne example once again, Caro went on Footy Classified last week about Steve Saunders over-ruling Con Mitropoulos on medical matters. The club corrected the record pretty bloody quickly and that Caro, when challenged, apologised publicly for getting it wrong.

Now Essendon have taken the same path on this issue. When you defend yourself and correct the record on your behalf, you do not have to present evidence that disproves the original statement - it's a case of telling it straight.

As any politician about that. Every single day Canberra sits, at least 4 people correct the public record in the Parliament.

Just a heads up: don't hold your breath waiting on any apologies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back