Mega Thread Essendon/Hird v ASADA Trial - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Links and Coverage from Day 1 - Day 2 starts 10am AEST, Returning from Lunch 2pm AEST
Proceedings start from post #100
Lunch post #733

Best Summary Ive found is here

AFL 360

Footy Classified

Talking Footy

AFL.com.au

ABC

Heraldsun
The Australian

The Age
Recommended Day 2 Twitter feeds
  • Richard Ings (Former ASADA chief)
  • Chris Kais (a law student tweeting live from the court room, completely unbiased as far as I can tell)
Please keep your opinions on Tanias appearance, orientation, ancestry and other base ideas to yourself. They will not be tolerated in this thread.

Last edited:

Let's hope today is a bit more insightful than yesterday

Expecting Admin law to be exciting is a little hopeful.

On the other hand, Admin Law with a side order of treachery, betrayal and throwing both old friends and old enemies under a bus - thats some fine entertainment.

Gameday - Essendon vs ASADA.

Weather fine and 14 degrees.

William Street Arena. Roof closed.

One late change - Robbo out of side (illness ;))

Line betting: Essendon to get ultra vires ruling, SC notices to continue.

Commentators: Chris Kais, Richard Ings.

Gameday - Essendon vs ASADA.

Weather fine and 14 degrees.

William Street Arena. Roof closed.

One late change - Robbo out of side (illness ;))

Line betting: Essendon to get ultra vires ruling, SC notices to continue.

Commentators: Chris Kais, Richard Ings.

Brisk morning though - when I came past at 7am there was Costello jnr standing in the cold and dark practicing his lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait until this thread devolves from A) talking about the legalities of the case and whether the investigation was lawful, into B) BUT WHY NOT JUST FIGHT THE SC NOTICE NOT THE PROCESS diatribe from the usual culprits.

Just like Matthew Lloyd, caro, patrick etc, I wonder what Hird is really responsible for. It has been reported today some people were thrown under the bus without anyone asking him about then. Everything is a fault of everyone else. How courageous

Seems he has a point to me??

Ings @ringsau · 17h
Call me old fashioned but why not cut to the chase and ask Hird under oath about PED's and players.
So Ings doesn't know what this court case is about then?

Those are irrelevant questions that are best served for the Tribunal and/or CAS.

So Ings doesn't know what this court case is about then?

Those are irrelevant questions that are best served for the Tribunal and/or CAS.

Yeah i did consider that and I know its about the process of the investigation, but you could try and slip it in, maybe i watch too many tv courtrooms :p

Expecting Admin law to be exciting is a little hopeful.

On the other hand, Admin Law with a side order of treachery, betrayal and throwing both old friends and old enemies under a bus - thats some fine entertainment.
I didn't say it was going to be exciting (when in Australian courts has it ever been exciting?)

I just want to know whether EFC actually have a case against ASADA,or if it's just simple time-wasting.

From what I saw yesterday, ASADA seem more calm and organised. But who knows.

The EFC board are all praising Hirdy for ethical story and the way he is going about it. At least that will give me a laugh or two throughout the day if today proves to be as boring as yesterday.

Please note, as added to the OP that we will be watching today for the crap that went down in yesterdays thread. In particularl

Please keep your opinions on Tanias appearance, orientation, ancestry and other base ideas to yourself. They will not be tolerated in this thread.

Can I ask why this doesn't extend to all involved? For example, there were posts making fun of Little's appearance. Why is that acceptable and Tania not?

For clarification only.

Seems he has a point to me??

Ings @ringsau · 17h
Call me old fashioned but why not cut to the chase and ask Hird under oath about PED's and players.
It was tried, sort of. When Hird said he wasn't responsible the ASADA SC asked him "Then who was?". Hird's SC objected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back