Essendon in crisis as players set to be named in banned drugs inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything unusual that happens with Essendon players from now on will be blamed on PEDs of course.
I certainly don't think it can be discounted out of hand as some are doing. This is a very unusual injury. Has anyone else ever done one in the afl? And yes, while it's more likely that it was a freak thing, you cannot underestimate the possibility that this could be as a direct result of the cocktails that were given to the players. This is the one known in all of this - nobody, but nobody knows what the on going side effects of a bunch of drugs used for off label purposes that were given often in combination, will be. How essendon can bold faced state that nothing the players were given were harmful is just plain wrong.

Really? I am no way saying that Dank's gear made Jobe's injury hur hur hur but to rule it out is pretty silly too, especially when the club is tipping money into a fund to monitor the health of the players. .

Evidence for the bolded, thank you.

The available public news suggests it is the AFL and AFLPA are pushing for it, but the Essendon Football Club hasnt agreed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ers-indefinitely/story-fni5f6kv-1226832041971

Nothing I can see on the EFC site either.

hey, maybe Jobe isn't actually injured, but he's starting his suspension early, on the quiet! I reckon he faked the whole thing. Probably got a show cause infection! What do you think guys???!! Plausible??!!

now that you bring it up.....................

maybe jobe putting his hand up was an admission

I heard Calazada Ltd have just included "rupturing of the rectus femoris in 2 years time" as a potential side effect of AOD-9604.
Impossible; in order for them to be able to do that they would need to have test data on how it was used at Essendon, seeing as no one else has recorded or tested it in such a manner before.

Impossible; in order for them to be able to do that they would need to have test data on how it was used at Essendon, seeing as no one else has recorded or tested it in such a manner before.
Yeah, it's sort of exactly how we can't say for sure that Mitch Clark's depression wasn't caused by whatever Dank did at Melbourne because nobody has seen those records and tested them with data.

Yeah, it's sort of exactly how we can't say for sure that Mitch Clark's depression wasn't caused by whatever Dank did at Melbourne because nobody has seen those records and tested them with data.
Nice. Very nice. A post to be proud of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you think that injury trolling is about as shitty as it gets, somebody raises the ante.

That's the point. It's exactly the claim the foamers are making about Jobe.
But the difference is, we know Jobe was given cocktails of drugs by Dank. What we don't know is how those drugs react in combination. A good portion of them were used for off-label purposes, which means we can't even rely on their safety efficacy as done in clinical trials, because they weren't used for the intended purpose AND they were used in combination with other drugs - including an experimental drug - ie. a drug that hadn't even completed clinical trials! In contrast, we don't even know who at Melbourne were involved - I don't recall hearing Mitch's name mentioned, do you? However we DO know that Mitch was very likely missing his young daughters, who live in Perth. Separation from family is almost certainly a contributing factor to depression.

Dank did.

Did Dank work at Melbourne did he? Did Dank with the approval of the club fill the players with mix of s**t the Melbourne club claims they don't know. Interesting.

That's the point. It's exactly the claim the foamers are making about Jobe.
If you could read and comprehend my post made no such claim about Watson. The post commented in the fact no one will know what the side effects are of the Essendon program. Because no one seems to know what was given and what was given wasn't probably tested in the first place.

But the difference is, we know Jobe was given cocktails of drugs by Dank. What we don't know is how those drugs react in combination. A good portion of them were used for off-label purposes, which means we can't even rely on their safety efficacy as done in clinical trials, because they weren't used for the intended purpose AND they were used in combination with other drugs - including an experimental drug - ie. a drug that hadn't even completed clinical trials! In contrast, we don't even know who at Melbourne were involved - I don't recall hearing Mitch's name mentioned, do you? However we DO know that Mitch was very likely missing his young daughters, who live in Perth. Separation from family is almost certainly a contributing factor to depression.
We don't know if supplements Jobe took caused X.

We don't know if supplements non-Essendon player took caused Y.

Yeah nah, don't see any difference to be honest.

But feel free to use the most tenuous links to speculate and troll anything to do with Essendon under the guise of "well we can't prove that my baseless assertion is wrong so therefore it is a valid one."

I can make an equally valid assertion.

The cocktail of drugs that Jobe was given has strengthened his tendon and prevented his injury from occurring earlier.

In fact, the "cocktail of drugs" may be the reason he hasn't developed cancer as 100% of treatments and vaccines start off as experimental drugs.

But feel free to use the most tenuous links to speculate and troll anything to do with Essendon under the guise of "well we can't prove that my baseless assertion is wrong so therefore it is a valid one."

I can make an equally valid assertion.

The cocktail of drugs that Jobe was given has strengthened his tendon and prevented his injury from occurring earlier.

In fact, the "cocktail of drugs" may be the reason he hasn't developed cancer as 100% of treatments and vaccines start off as experimental drugs.
So the drugs they took were performance enhancing drugs

Well in that case your s**t comment should meet the same fate.

A bigger man might reconsider and deduce that two wrongs don't make a right. Or that when somebody makes an arse of themself in your opinion, then making an arse of yourself doesn't teach him a lesson. It just makes you an arse.

Having considered these things he might go ahead and delete it himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back