Essendon in 'doctor shopping' to beat ban(Thymosin and Hexarelin invoices)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds more likely given the facts we have, that Evans gave Hird a lot of power as coach.
I think this is an important point. Although Robson should have been the ultimate decision maker on hiring for the Football Department, the extremely close relationship between Hird & Evans should not be forgotten (they even attended a session on AOD9604 together, allegedly investigating investment opportunities), nor the fact Robson was an outsider.

It is not too hard to imagine Hird using his relationship with Evans to go over the head of Robson in gathering the people he wanted around him. Robson could hardly go to the board & tell them he thinks Hird has too much power. You are talking a 3rd generation Bomber v an outsider. We know who would win that contest.

How can the football manager control the guy who hires him?

If he's got Hird reporting to him (and again I'm assuming a similar reporting structure to RFC) he does his job. If you can't do it, don't take the gig

The only part I disagree with is your last sentence. Management get off lightly too often with their failings, and this was a massive one. If a management clean out at efc doesn't occur after this I would be furious.
This was my only gripe with your post #649

my only issue with it would be you still having doubts about Hird's massive and in fact primary role in the risky injections program that backfired badly.
And now you're trying to argue that Hamilton and Corcoran are culpable too despite this never being under question.

We've gone off track, you are no longer disputing my POV of Hird having the biggest role and culpability in this mess but reemphasising the obvious oversight on Corcoran's and Hamilton's behalf.

I suspect the Thymosin and Hexarelin invoices may have more to do with the rumoured criminal investigation and $100k overspend than the players or coaches.

It is possible that Essendon has been royally shafted and is not the evil empire that many are imagining.
I suspect you have your hand on it.

To use an analogy though, they are the parent who's kid has totaled their car in the neighbors house. They left the keys in the car, and never spoke to the kids about not touching their car. Sure the kids are complete dicks, but they didn't lock the garage, keep the keys away, and properly manage the kids. The parents have to wear a massive chunk of the blame, even though they never drove the car.

Hamilton and Corcoran may not have known of the program, but they should have, it was their job to know about it and to control it.

Again, this isn't letting the kids off the hook, they have to pay the piper too. I just think too many are letting the parents off Scott free because they don't like the big eared neighbor kid
You got that part right :p

I think this is an important point. Although Robson should have been the ultimate decision maker on hiring for the Football Department, the extremely close relationship between Hird & Evans should not be forgotten (they even attended a session on AOD9604 together, allegedly investigating investment opportunities), nor the fact Robson was an outsider.

It is not too hard to imagine Hird using his relationship with Evans to go over the head of Robson in gathering the people he wanted around him . Robson could hardly go to the board & tell them he thinks Hird has too much power. You are talking a 3rd generation Bomber v an outsider. We know who would win that contest.

Caro's "yes men".

This was my only gripe with your post #649

And now you're trying to argue that Hamilton and Corcoran are culpable too despite this never being under question.

We've gone off track, you are no longer disputing my POV of Hird having the biggest role and culpability in this mess but reemphasising the obvious oversight on Corcoran's and Hamilton's behalf.

Agree we have gotten off the original point. As I've said several times, responding to several people, I'm not ,saying Hirds in the clear - just that the info needed to decide his fate for me is still with asada. I don't doubt we will know soon enough, and the question won't be unanswered soon enough.

On this, I will say this. I know I've been accused of fence sitting, but once asada unveil the facts I will make a firm statement on my views. If this means (for instance) saying Hird being let off in spite of the evidence having his fingerprints over the whole operation, I'll happily condemn it. I'm not interested in protecting efc, just their right to a fair hearing on all available evidence.

If he's got Hird reporting to him (and again I'm assuming a similar reporting structure to RFC) he does his job. If you can't do it, don't take the gig
Corcoran is still there? I think he is comfortable in his job. In practice his position may be a rubber stamp for the senior coach. That would make sense given the senior coach hired him. I think Evans would have to give Hird that power, right?

Corcoran is still there? I think he is comfortable in his job. In practice his position may be a rubber stamp for the senior coach. That would make sense given the senior coach hired him. I think Evans would have to give Hird that power, right?

Then why hire him? You are there to do a job, do it. If not, leave.

It's about having responsibility for the job you have, and the obligation to your bosses (the membership).

It's like with Reid, if he didn't like the program, change it, go public, or leave. Don't just sign off on it because it's too hard.

It's easy to blame only Hird, but many share the blame on this one.

Then why hire him? You are there to do a job, do it. If not, leave.

It's about having responsibility for the job you have, and the obligation to your bosses (the membership).

It's like with Reid, if he didn't like the program, change it, go public, or leave. Don't just sign off on it because it's too hard.

It's easy to blame only Hird, but many share the blame on this one.

Then why hire your mate, indeed? There is a reason its easy to blame Hird.

Hird. Evans.

The rest are bit players

Mate
Im outing you
I have just read all your posts on this issue in the last month.

At least Hawkers post post makes you think about how complex the situation is.

I wonder, if you are on the money, if there will be a new story regarding the investigation in the next few days. Perhaps leaked to Mark Stevens?

Then why hire your mate, indeed? There is a reason its easy to blame Hird.

Hird. Evans.

The rest are bit players

I have mates work for mates, but they are accountable to the people they report to. And the people who have them as direct reports hold them to that, they don't let them ride roughshod over them.

It's called being a manager, something corcoran and Hamilton and Robson were supposed to be. They should have been able to say "no", "I need to sign off on this" and "why are we doing this?". Again, people forgiving these guys baffles me. They were earning $200-500k pa, and you think they should have the responsibility of an intern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Hawkers post post makes you think about how complex the situation is.

I wonder, if you are on the money, if there will be a new story regarding the investigation in the next few days. Perhaps leaked to Mark Stevens?

Yep
Will if EFC's (leaked to media) new angle is that they are the victim of organised crime and the stuff was being laundered through the club.......

.....If someone writes that story - well you read it here first from our very own 'hawker'!

So far hes been a prescient oracle on all this. Youd think he was almost writing the stories....

Hawker83

Clear bias in all your posts.

Member since... never.

Nice try, hiding behind a screen of Poo and Wee.

You should try NOT following the lead of your beloved Essendon* administration, and be truthful instead - show us your true colours buddy!

:thumbsdown:

Although I look forward to the impending judgement all the more due to the continued, delusional stance of you and all your ilk... :thumbsu:

Hawker83

Clear bias in all your posts.

Member since... never.

Nice try, hiding behind a screen of Poo and Wee.

You should try NOT following the lead of your beloved Essendon* administration, and be truthful instead - show us your true colours buddy!

:thumbsdown:

Although I look forward to the impending judgement all the more due to the continued, delusional stance of you and all your ilk... :thumbsu:

Sorry, playing the man and off topic.

Right, so a concern troll gets outed.

Causes a lot of interest.

A mod makes a thread that will explore that topic using the posts from this thread.

Then another mod shuts the thread down.

Strange way to do things.

Don't forget Monfries.

That's why the Essendon fans were booing him, after all. They knew this whole time.

what are the odds Monfries will get the minimum six months due to a full and frank admission to ASADA???

Or was that just Reimers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back