Essendon inviting all past players to Rd2 opener

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The EFC are not taking this saga seriously.
Might try an win over a few of there supporters but will alienate the rest of the football world.
They are doing their level best to piss off every other supporter of every other sport. Seriously question their ability to turn this club around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is clear they don't give a flying **** about anyone but themselves. Not the game. Not the rules. Not even the players really. Fancy risking the players being booed! They continue to be arrogant and ignorant - the two things that got them in this mess in the first place. What a club!

Wonder if there will be complaints if the MFC supporters boo them. God forbid we look down on cheating after all.

It is clear they don't give a flying **** about anyone but themselves. Not the game. Not the rules. Not even the players really. Fancy risking the players being booed! They continue to be arrogant and ignorant - the two things that got them in this mess in the first place. What a club!

Maybe they are trying to re-engage with past players. Bring them back to the great game. No saying I agree with it.

"The club is also organising a chance for the crowd to acknowledge the banned players before the game."

Are they ******* serious?

Serious question but does this equate to a club sanctioned activity?

If there is any risk of falling foul of the WADA code, then this could be a pretty risky exercise.

Serious question but does this equate to a club sanctioned activity?

If there is any risk of falling foul of the WADA code, then this could be a pretty risky exercise.

Sounds like one to me. Do they even... think? EVER?

"The club is also organising a chance for the crowd to acknowledge the banned players before the game."

Are they ******* serious?

And that quote that you quoted above, was not actually a quote. It was the editors words. The club said they wanted to show support to the players. You would be the first up in arms if they didn't support the players after how they have been treated, and just cut them adrift. I think at this point they at least owe them support.

Sounds like one to me. Do they even... think? EVER?

It depends though.

If the club is showing support but not including the players then there won't be any issue with the WADA Code. Its fair enough to show support but I think there would be a genuine risk if they involved the players. I'm really not too sure on this one. I've not seen anything like this before.

It depends though.

If the club is showing support but not including the players then there won't be any issue with the WADA Code. Its fair enough to show support but I think there would be a genuine risk if they involved the players. I'm really not too sure on this one. I've not seen anything like this before.
A balanced view......thanks.

I won't boo them or anything, especially considering one of them now plays in red and blue, but what a ridiculous idea.

And that quote that you quoted above, was not actually a quote. It was the editors words. The club said they wanted to show support to the players. You would be the first up in arms if they didn't support the players after how they have been treated, and just cut them adrift. I think at this point they at least owe them support.

You can show your support in lots of ways that don't a) potentially impact on them in terms of breaching the WADA code (again!) and b) potentially set them up to be booed and ridiculed by opposition supporters. It is a ridiculous idea.

They could do things like get fans to sign a book of support... or send them tweets of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back