Remove this Banner Ad

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
Hola, I've bagged out the Bombers logo a fair bit in the past, so thought I'd have a crack at a redesign.

donsconcept.jpg

ELEMENTS
Red and Black with some grey: same as current logo
The circle: is a very subtle tribute to the RAAF logo.
The plane: Is based on a 'mosquito" model. Mosquitos were used as bombers in the war. And some of them were built in Australia and used by RAAF. Also a tribute to current mascot;)
The screws: represent 'built in Australia' and are angled the same as red stripe.
The motto: is a pun.

I'm pretty happy with it but will probably tweak it a bit more.
Any feedback is more than welcome.

Hola, I've bagged out the Bombers logo a fair bit in the past, so thought I'd have a crack at a redesign.
That's pretty awesome Mowse. For me though the plane doesn't show up enough - it and the circle kind of meld a bit too much because of all the black. But, like I said, pretty awesome. Definately has more life than the current one :)

I like the concept, the current Essendon logo is probably the worst in the league IMO.

I think as others say, a bit more contrast is needed to bring out the plane and the screws. They could be a lot lighter grey and the effect would be the same IMO.

I'd like to see if the plane by itself maybe with an "Essendon FC" below it or under the wing as right it looks a bit unbalanced.

What, no blood? :p

But seriously, it is a darn sight better than their current outdated logo and I'm in complete agreeance with the suggestions that everyone else has posted so far. Keep up the good work mate.

There was a thread on the Essendon Team Board with 300 odd posts.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521826

I did some designs there, a lot in jest, but a couple not. But I've deleted my pics from photobucket since then. Can perhaps re-upload a couple here later.

Btw, can people pleeeease use a prefix for every thread they start, instead of me having to add them in later.

IMO i think you should replace the bomb in the middle of the circle with the plane

There was a thread on the Essendon Team Board with 300 odd posts.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521826

I did some designs there, a lot in jest, but a couple not. But I've deleted my pics from photobucket since then. Can perhaps re-upload a couple here later.

Btw, can people pleeeease use a prefix for every thread they start, instead of me having to add them in later.

thats a geat thead GG. it even had a surpise cameo apearance ending for me:)
i agee with everyones suggestions and will repost with some changes soon, thanx for the input. its amazing how you can stare at a design for hours, but as soon as you post it you see all the faults and flaws.

ps. appologies for the pefix GG, if you want to put your pics in here go fo it, its you board:thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I've lightened the grey areas, fixed the text overhangs, and added a highlight to the wing (it looked a bit flat to me).

donsconcept2.jpg

I think using a mechanism of war in the logo is poor taste, particularly with the teams prominence during ANZAC day.

I did a design a while back along the lines of a squadron wings motif... I thing a squadron type design for the logo would work. It just shouldn't have a weapon in it.

So long as they are called the Bombers, that association isn't going to change. Rainbow-striped fluffy bunnies in the logo couldn't change that.

I think for once Mr Eagle, you might be wrong:D

donsconcept3.jpg

The lighter grey makes a massive difference, it's pretty terrific.

I'd still like to see it with the plane replacing the bomb in the circle.

donsconcept.jpg

I quite like it Mowse, but to me they look like two different logos forced together. I think if you seperate them then you have two great concepts :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back