Dais

Debutant
Oct 18, 2007
broken hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Sydney!
All this news regarding logo's has got me thinking.

What's your favourite logo Essendon has had?

Do you think it needs to be changed?

And what do you think of the Mozzie we use at the mascot.

Personally i loev the cartoon plane we used to have with the teeth (which im getting tattooed on me very soon).

I honestly HATE that stupid mozzie we use! HATE HATE HATE. A mozzie ffs. its really not great...

Re: Mozzie

I would quite like for our plane to be on our away strip or something. as long as they dont change our home one im happy.

Hate the big red sash, so am open to anything different. Having said that wish we could wear the tratitional all games. Best strip in sport...or am I biased??

I love Skeeta. He's a giant mosquito, imagine that thing draining someones blood for sustinance at the same time it refferences the mosquito fleet and it's more practical than having an aeroplane mascot.

I don't like the new "mascot manor" Skeeta though
3675307388_328cc6fbab_m.jpg

Much prefer this one
bombersmascot.png

I would like a change of logo and mascot, however leave the jumper as it is. Our alternate strip is as far as I'd like to see it go.

http://www.characterland.com.au/skeeta.php
Skeeta, the mosquito, is the nickname for Moz Skeeta Reynolds. In 1996, the Essendon Football Club commissioned Skeeta to be their mascot. He is named after the famous group of mid field players from the 1950's-60's, the Mosquito Fleet and Dick Reynolds, former captain, coach and player. Since his inception, Skeeta has become an integral part of Essendon's football seasons.

http://www.characterland.com.au/skeeta.php

As for the Logo of the plane, there was a great thread about changing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it might be worth posting our pre VFL sheild logos

EFClogo1.jpg

EFClogo2.jpg

EFClogo3.jpg

EFClogo4.jpg

EFClogo5.jpg

I'm not sure about when any of them were made as I just scanned them out of a Bomber magazine but something extra to add is there's our club motto " Sauvitor in modo fortiter in re" ( Gentle in manner, resolute in deed) under the first logo (very faintly).

Much prefer this one
bombersmascot.png

I agree. Ths mozzie is best. I dont like the new one at all.

"What would you change it to?"
Absolutely NO idea!

Skeeta, the mosquito, is the nickname for Moz Skeeta Reynolds. In 1996, the Essendon Football Club commissioned Skeeta to be their mascot. He is named after the famous group of mid field players from the 1950's-60's, the Mosquito Fleet and Dick Reynolds, former captain, coach and player. Since his inception, Skeeta has become an integral part of Essendon's football seasons.
^^ Did not know that! I always wondering why we had a mozzie! Thanks heaps for that!!!!

The name is also a reference to the de Havilland Mosquito which was a small, light weight & agile tactical bomber used in WWII.

Many of Essendon's successful sides have been known for their speedy style of play. Three Essendon players have won the Stawell Gift for example.

Anyway, the mozzie logo does seem a bit odd at first but it not just a random thing. It reflects something the club is famous for - it's speed - and it references a type of bomber which was also known for its speed, agility etc.

I reckon the mozzie is a good symbol for the club. The problem is that any attempts to use it in a logo have sucked dogs balls for quarters.

There's potential for a kick-arse logo involving the mozzie. Here's some Google Image search results:

mosquito.jpg

mosquito.gif

aedes-mosquito.jpg

mosquito-1.jpg

The name is also a reference to the de Havilland Mosquito which was a small, light weight & agile tactical bomber used in WWII.

Many of Essendon's successful sides have been known for their speedy style of play. Three Essendon players have won the Stawell Gift for example.

Anyway, the mozzie logo does seem a bit odd at first but it not just a random thing. It reflects something the club is famous for - it's speed - and it references a type of bomber which was also known for its speed, agility etc.

I reckon the mozzie is a good symbol for the club. The problem is that any attempts to use it in a logo have sucked dogs balls for quarters.

There's potential for a kick-arse logo involving the mozzie. Here's some Google Image search results:

mosquito.jpg

mosquito.gif

aedes-mosquito.jpg

mosquito-1.jpg

Well thank you for that =) There you go im learning so much of our history from this thread!

In regards to your pictures. im more inclined to have the current mascots then the bug like ones u posted. The clubs like to 'humanise' or 'catoonise' the mascots 9if u no wat i mean). I rpefer to have the little fella in the bomber suit the real BUG lookin mozzies. All opinion of course.. and i respect yours.

The new one is s**t. i like the old one. Maybe they need to redesign it cos it really is average.

It's a bit too complex but the biggest issue is it'd need to be constantly updated.

Very nice effort though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back