Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Essendon win over Hawks Review with Paul Cousins as guest host

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I’d tune into listen to Kakkle and Boncer doing their own podcast, I really would!

Scooter05 Maybe you could get them to pre-record a segment.

Maybe post a link here so we can check it out!

scottmclaren

All Australian
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done and keep the episodes coming. The show has been building and improving all year.

Love the fact that you guys have recorded some episodes in the immediate aftermath of a game or event instead of just posting in the autopsy thread. It captures some raw emotion but yes, sometimes does miss the mark.

Keep going. Campaigners always gonna Campaign.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
You can't get upset by criticism when you post it publicly.

I thought it was OK but I dmwant to feel like the information is spot on and the hosts knowledgeable.

When one of you guys stated that traditionally GWS have sought points so we could do something there, I literally yelled at my radio because there are no academy players this year and there should be a fundamental understanding of simple things like that.

But yeah it was ok overall

Scooter05

Senior List
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
You can't get upset by criticism when you post it publicly.

I thought it was OK but I dmwant to feel like the information is spot on and the hosts knowledgeable.

When one of you guys stated that traditionally GWS have sought points so we could do something there, I literally yelled at my radio because there are no academy players this year and there should be a fundamental understanding of simple things like that.

But yeah it was ok overall

Yeh it was why is said criticism is all good and we are always learning. Fair call on GWS points comment as I kicked myself after it as well...when talking live you can have some mistakes like that....I think we all hear this even with Lloydy on Trade Radio or SEN regularly making factual errors. I think personally I normally know my stuff and talk to people in the know but on occasion I will get a point wrong. I move on pretty fast though to be honest and keep trying to improve. But I study Essendon pretty hard in general and like to evaluate games in detail myself.

But we asked fans who they want to hear from and we try get them on. Managed to get in 12 months ...Xavier, Rob Kerr, Misiti,, Madden, Harvs, Rob Shaw, VFL coaches etc all on the show. We have access to guys in media like Connolly, Twomey, Cherny and Chip Le Grand as well who have all been guests. Like is said...it's just a fun side hobby we do and to be blunt our audience has grown 60% in the last 3 months.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Yeh it was why is said criticism is all good and we are always learning. Fair call on GWS points comment as I kicked myself after it as well...when talking live you can have some mistakes like that....I think we all hear this even with Lloydy on Trade Radio or SEN regularly making factual errors. I think personally I normally know my stuff and talk to people in the know but on occasion I will get a point wrong. I move on pretty fast though to be honest and keep trying to improve. But I study Essendon pretty hard in general and like to evaluate games in detail myself.

But we asked fans who they want to hear from and we try get them on. Managed to get in 12 months ...Xavier, Rob Kerr, Misiti,, Madden, Harvs, Rob Shaw, VFL coaches etc all on the show. We have access to guys in media like Connolly, Twomey, Cherny and Chip Le Grand as well who have all been guests. Like is said...it's just a fun side hobby we do and to be blunt our audience has grown 60% in the last 3 months.
hey man, you're doing it. I wish you all the best

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Plus what comments do you expect from the competition?

Scooter05

Senior List
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I liked it, will listen in future thank you guys!

You know you made it when real names agree to come on!

Cheers for that. We chat to Ralph Horowitz on the show this week to discuss how the Hirdy and Crawf Podcast came about and the role James has played this year getting back into the spotlight. Show should be online in the next 24 hours

Lol fair call. Just a play on words as there was no Podcast scheduled for another week...but Shiel nominating us quickly made us setup a show with Roco a few hours later that day.
Boncer and Fogdog at the same time would be awesome!

Back