News Essendon New Logo (E-Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So whilst I was having a look around the AusIP site this morning to see if I could find any new AFL logo breadcrumbs, I did happen to come across this.

Was only filed at the end of March by the AFL, so it certainly has some legs. It's been applied in class areas identical to other team logos.

1559778899902.png

They need a new logo after what has happened there over the past decade. Leave the past behind and take on the future with a new logo. Instead of looking like they did back then they can change the look and change peoples views of the Bombers.

Here is an idea for a logo change.

So whilst I was having a look around the AusIP site this morning to see if I could find any new AFL logo breadcrumbs, I did happen to come across this.

Was only filed at the end of March by the AFL, so it certainly has some legs. It's been applied in class areas identical to other team logos.

View attachment 687538
"Mask"

So they ARE aware of the negative space face-lookin' design of that plane. Always thought it was a coinkidink.

Also it looks s**t. Too kid friendly, and what the HELL is that wordmark doing with that shield??

The thing to remember is the AFL own the clubs identities, which includes their logos.
The eSports logo uses the Bomber from the Essendon logo, and therefore remains the property of the AFL.
This is not the AFL getting into eSports, this is just paperwork covering their backsides that if someone makes Essendon eSports merch, the owner will get their share, that being the AFL.

Yeah this is going to be an eSports logo, which is a shame because Essendon need a logo update more than any other side in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 687538

Can you show us this logo on a red, white, and black background please

It's not too bad, I think the Bomber just isn't as prominent as it should be though.

Would still look nice on merch

View attachment 1068850
To be honest I think that looks better. The silver as a main colour looks a bit weird if it's not outlined by something a la the current logo.

Is there any feasible way for the bomber to be red too? Might look terrible but not sure.
I think this is the perfect re-design of the logo:

25928_2.png

I'd like to see the inverse of the red and black to see how it looks

Last edited:
I think this is the perfect re-design of the logo:

25928_2.png

I'd like to see the inverse of the red and black to see how it looks
That's brilliant, could even drop the name on certain merch and just use it as a shield.

It's beyond me why they didn't do something as simple as this a long time ago. Their logo is one of the only 90's era logos that hasn't entirely aged horribly, just needs a slight recolour.

That's brilliant, could even drop the name on certain merch and just use it as a shield.

It's beyond me why they didn't do something as simple as this a long time ago. Their logo is one of the only 90's era logos that hasn't entirely aged horribly, just needs a slight recolour.
We do it on merchandise. Except there's no shading, just plain red and black.
I agree, it looks a lot better and should be a full time change, although I'd be open to having a brand new logo as well.
Screenshot_20210305-085101.png

Big brain time: Essendon are the only AFL club whose nickname didn't exist when they were formed.
I would say probably incorrect, most teams have had other nicknames, or are you saying the idea of a bomber plane didn't exist?
If i recall their original nickname was the Same Olds (?) and they didn't select the Bombers moniker until WW2.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back