News Essendon New Logo (E-Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say probably incorrect, most teams have had other nicknames, or are you saying the idea of a bomber plane didn't exist?
If i recall their original nickname was the Same Olds (?) and they didn't select the Bombers moniker until WW2.
Pretty sure he's talking current nicknames, in which bomber planes weren't around in the 1870s. It's an obscure fact but he's not wrong.

EDIT: Hold on. Power... Was there the traditional use of electricity in 1870? 🤨

Pretty sure he's talking current nicknames, in which bomber planes weren't around in the 1870s. It's an obscure fact but he's not wrong.

EDIT: Hold on. Power... Was there the traditional use of electricity in 1870? 🤨
I would argue that that meaning of power would have first arisen during the industrial revolution, which you could argue started with James Watt's improvements to the steam engine, which occured roughly a century before the formation of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The concept of power personified as a giant fist holding a lightning bolt first formed with the ancient Greeks circa 3000 years ago, if not by an even earlier civilization.

Of course, this argument is null and void when you consider that Port Power, who play in the AFL, formed in 1997.
Pretty sure Giants still don't exist.
The concept of giants goes millenia, though.

I would argue that that meaning of power would have first arisen during the industrial revolution, which you could argue started with James Watt's improvements to the steam engine, which occured roughly a century before the formation of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The concept of power personified as a giant fist holding a lightning bolt first formed with the ancient Greeks circa 3000 years ago, if not by an even earlier civilization.

Of course, this argument is null and void when you consider that Port Power, who play in the AFL, formed in 1997.

The concept of giants goes millenia, though.
I love the deep thought that goes into this discussion. Props to everyone lol

Also, what is a Blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back