Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
So whilst I was having a look around the AusIP site this morning to see if I could find any new AFL logo breadcrumbs, I did happen to come across this.

Was only filed at the end of March by the AFL, so it certainly has some legs. It's been applied in class areas identical to other team logos.

1559778899902.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rickee

Senior List
May 23, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
If they are starting up a junior netball franchise, this might be suitable. Might.

It's absolutely hideous.

wizardwaffle

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
They need a new logo after what has happened there over the past decade. Leave the past behind and take on the future with a new logo. Instead of looking like they did back then they can change the look and change peoples views of the Bombers.

Here is an idea for a logo change.

Andonis1997

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Dreamer
Jun 24, 2011
On Stage
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Sturt
So whilst I was having a look around the AusIP site this morning to see if I could find any new AFL logo breadcrumbs, I did happen to come across this.

Was only filed at the end of March by the AFL, so it certainly has some legs. It's been applied in class areas identical to other team logos.

View attachment 687538
"Mask"

So they ARE aware of the negative space face-lookin' design of that plane. Always thought it was a coinkidink.

Also it looks ****. Too kid friendly, and what the HELL is that wordmark doing with that shield??

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
The thing to remember is the AFL own the clubs identities, which includes their logos.
The eSports logo uses the Bomber from the Essendon logo, and therefore remains the property of the AFL.
This is not the AFL getting into eSports, this is just paperwork covering their backsides that if someone makes Essendon eSports merch, the owner will get their share, that being the AFL.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Yeah this is going to be an eSports logo, which is a shame because Essendon need a logo update more than any other side in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom