Essendon players could boycott NAB Challenge games if AFL doesn't backdate anti-doping bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they want to remain anonymous - but I don't get why the AFL would help them out on this front. Fletcher and Jobe have been named in the media. Robbo named a whole bunch. Crameri, Monfries, Ryder have been named. The guys in the WAFL named.

But the AFL is willing to set up a vfl player loan system so that the extra 8 can boycott for anonymity's sake.

I don't get it and sounds dodgy and scammy and that it shouldn't happen. Yet, here we are.
My theory is there's a certain player they don't want known.

But as we well know, everyone was told to say nothing to anyone . If there is JD consent form who signed it? As said elsewhere Ken fletcher attended the parents meetings why?
Well apparently they were given the consent forms to take home to get mummy and daddys approval LOL

What is the big deal regarding Daniher

Hypothetically if he was a minor at the start of the program, consent (vic law is more open to interpretation on this I think) would be a challenging hurdle for non-necessary medical procedure.

A non-medical practioner injecting a minor without valid consent......... with a substance never approved by Doc Reid a potentailly serious legal issue for the injector and his employer?

Hypothetically if he was a minor at the start of the program, consent (vic law is more open to interpretation on this I think) would be a challenging hurdle for non-necessary medical procedure.

A non-medical practioner injecting a minor without valid consent......... with a substance never approved by Doc Reid a potentailly serious legal issue for the injector and his employer?
so who is the employer? i know there was discussion about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so who is the employer? i know there was discussion about

A number [deleted] are trying to argue that the AFL was actually to blame for the doping that got done by Essendon Football Club, under the direction of Essendon Football Club staff on Essendon Football Club players, after the AFL had warned Essendon Football Club not to use that class of drugs.

It's just more evasion and smoke blowing by the delusion caucus.

the concept of 'needed' is a bit dicey.

They don't need 10-15 to field a team, as they have enough players and reserves to put a team together (unless they have 3 injuries in the list of players not receiving INs.
he weekly
They need 10-15 to protect the identity of the players, which is completely unwarranted as Ryder, crameri, etc can handle having their names out in the public.

Protecting anonymity
Backdated bans
Negotiating penalties

We are getting used to some very strange ideas here.

Unfortunately you don't read the weekly training reports - Even at yesterday's there were still 9 players in the modified group - Which has been a regular occurrence since the beginning of pre-season training - I am certain that EFC/AFLPA/AFL have more knowledge than the HTB of how many top up players are required - To be honest you are making a fuss about nothing.

A number [deleted] are trying to argue that the AFL was actually to blame for the doping that got done by Essendon Football Club, under the direction of Essendon Football Club staff on Essendon Football Club players, after the AFL had warned Essendon Football Club not to use that class of drugs.

It's just more evasion and smoke blowing by the delusion caucus.
I knew about that diversionary lone of thinking but if what gavstar says it true (assuming jd was given injections without proper authority) police may get involved and they will be under pressure to investigate without fear or favour

And .... why are clean players still sticking up for their dirty team mates, what's in it for them?

There's competition within any team for positions on the field and the outcomes also affect careerhe question s, earning potential, egos, etc.
I know I'd be pretty pissed if I had it confirmed that I had been training, competing and playing with juiced-up players within my own team, let alone from other clubs.

Level-playing field is level - on your own ground as much as everyone elses.

Those non-infracted players, after 2 years, have the right to tell the infracted players and the club to **** off. Here is their time to shine, to be clean and mean, better and fairer, than the others.

I have asked the question several times - Why have the players fallen out with the AFL ? This is the key issue.

By all reports it was the players call he to boycott, to protect their mates. However, I feel like this is a situation where some of the players who did not receive notices and were listed in 2012 would be keen to play, but the peer pressure for solidarity would be too detrimental to their relationships at the club to ask to play. I expect some of these players have been directly or indirectly bullied into this position by their peers.

Bullied or fallen out with the AFL ?

I know which one I believe.

I thought the most important point was the uncontrolled drug experiment being conducted on players in 2012?eall
Why are non-infracted teammates showing unity with the players with infraction notices?

Because they are a team and teammates stick together.

Because they and the club believe this provides bargaining power / leverage with the AFL to lessen any potential penalties the AFL may be required to hand out.

Because by doing this they hope the AFL will see what may happen if a big penalty is handed out.

Really - Allegedly the AFL through the AFLPA suggested that loss of premiership points and draft selections were on the table, unless players backed down - Players have backed down - So your theory about leveraging the AFL is out the window.

He also has a vested interest.

One player is a vested interest ? It's unfortunate that Gordon's son is par of Crameri's and Prismall's legal team - Reckon Gordon has more of an idea than you and I.

I have asked the question several times - Why have the players fallen out with the AFL ? This is the key issue.

No, its not.

Thats not even a third-order issue.

The key issue is what drugs did players get given, when, and in what quantities.

I knew about that diversionary lone of thinking but if what gavstar says it true (assuming jd was given injections without proper authority) police may get involved and they will be under pressure to investigate without fear or favour

Yeah, maybe. The police tend to have a standard of 'beyond reasonable doubt', and unknown drugs injected without paperwork make that a big bar to jump.

Provisional suspensions start when in's are issued, not when the player chooses or last competed. They should be thankful they weren't issued during the season, as they were originally but delayed by court case or they would have missed matches. there is no reason to start from their last game.

I reckon Ings would have a better grasp of the timing than you or me.

And I believe the AFL has provision in their anti-doping code for the anti-doping tribunal to find players guilty and impose no suspension.

No, its not.stand

Thats not even a third-order issue.

The key issue is what drugs did players get given, when, and in what quantities.

You are in the wrong thread - This thread is Essendon players could boycott NAB challenge games - I understand that you have a template for every post but use it in its right thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back