Essendon poach Richmond footy boss Dan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

That was when he was involved in the toxic Bulldogs culture.

Now that he is at the Bombers - a club that has one of the strongest captains in the league, demands high standards of its playing group and only employs people of the utmost integrity - the only thing he will be rooting is opposition defenders.

One of the strongest captains? Has Heppell been replaced?
High standards? Except for BJs tantrums and finger pointing at teammates while the captain just gives him a glance.
Well after a couple of horrendous years and the drug saga an overhaul of employees was always on the cards. Good to see that they employ people of the utmost integrity.

In a lot of clubs it does: role model, no dickheads etc.
Not at Essendon though. They seem to, not only accept, but embrace any sort of cheating behaviour.
A haven for players who's behaviour is not acceptable elsewhere. Which is why the Dogs got rid of him at a much cheaper price than his football ability would indicate, and Essendon were the only club in the AFL keen to recruit him.

With regards to Dustin. Sure he got annoyed at a young lady who persistently harassed him, after being asked several times to leave him alone, copped his punishment without dragging it out for years unlike they did at Essendon when caught systematically drug cheating, and got on with becoming one of the best footballers in the league. Any incidents since?
In comparison, what did Jobe do:
Drug cheats. Encourages other young footballers to drug cheat. Abandons them and his club after being caught and copping heat. Returns as a very ordinary footballer. Retires in disgrace (But not a disgrace at Essendon. A hero and role model for future cheats). /= Culture.

If only Jobe could have taken a leaf out of Dustin's book. A much better human being with more decency and courage in his little finger than Jobe.

:D

His contract negotiations resulted in no top end player leaving us besides Deledio (whose exit was for different reasons).

He probably would be better at this role now that we won a Premiership in his time here. He could give Essendon valuable information about the things that led Richmond to a Premiership, so a decent acquisition.

It seems to be one of those cases where it is more a win for Essendon than it is a loss for Richmond.

And Richmond have a great culture allowing a pill popping junkie play “How many more pingas Dusty?” :rollseyes:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news oh deluded one, but every single club in the league has players that do that.
Yes even your beloved bombers do as wel;)

Not the same board where I could swear I remember you making multiple 'where are they at' threads to the point that making them was banned?...one of your comrades may be on firmer ground to make a complaint about main board trolling!
Incredible that you equate discussion threads with troll names.

I'll give you a hint. One is banned, the other isn't

That was when he was involved in the toxic Bulldogs culture.

Now that he is at the Bombers - a club that has one of the strongest captains in the league, demands high standards of its playing group and only employs people of the utmost integrity - the only thing he will be rooting is opposition defenders.
This post is surely a piss take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typo obviously.
I guess, as you persist with demonstrating, lack of intelligence may have been more accurate.
Thanks for correcting me :thumbsu:

As far as we know, Geelong have not been busted for drug cheating. Doesn't mean they have never doped of course but that goes for any club. Point is Stringer was sought after in the recent trade period by at least two clubs, contradicting your statement about Essendon being the only ones interested in recruiting him.

I still chuckle at this thread.

While reading the Richmond premiership book, the only quote I found from Richardson was a negative one, which prompted Hardwick to come in and basically say "nah don't listen to him, we should be feeling upbeat boys".

Just another smart guy who's average/below average at communicating, and communication wins premierships.

But whatever, Essendon supporters are allowed to enjoy their "wins" at this time of the year. Nov-March is becoming their favourite time of the year now that they're not in the paper everyday.

I still chuckle at this thread.

While reading the Richmond premiership book, the only quote I found from Richardson was a negative one, which prompted Hardwick to come in and basically say "nah don't listen to him, we should be feeling upbeat boys".

Just another smart guy who's average/below average at communicating, and communication wins premierships.

But whatever, Essendon supporters are allowed to enjoy their "wins" at this time of the year. Nov-March is becoming their favourite time of the year now that they're not in the paper everyday.

I'm curious as I haven't read the book, but in what context was Richardson negative?

Richmond is unlikely to appoint a direct replacement for departed talent chief Dan Richardson who joined Essendon as football manager late last year.

The Tigers confirmed there was likely to be a minor rejig with key officials Balme, respected list chief Blair Hartley and coaching boss Tim Livingstone likely to absorb some of Richardson’s key duties.

They include list management, high performance, AFLW and the club’s next generation academy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/e3bac90b06b96352c15f04a4c13724b7

Suggests he made the right move.

In a lot of clubs it does: role model, no dickheads etc.
Not at Essendon though. They seem to, not only accept, but embrace any sort of cheating behaviour.
A haven for players who's behaviour is not acceptable elsewhere. Which is why the Dogs got rid of him at a much cheaper price than his football ability would indicate, and Essendon were the only club in the AFL keen to recruit him.

With regards to Dustin. Sure he got annoyed at a young lady who persistently harassed him, after being asked several times to leave him alone, copped his punishment without dragging it out for years unlike they did at Essendon when caught systematically drug cheating, and got on with becoming one of the best footballers in the league. Any incidents since?
In comparison, what did Jobe do:
Drug cheats. Encourages other young footballers to drug cheat. Abandons them and his club after being caught and copping heat. Returns as a very ordinary footballer. Retires in disgrace (But not a disgrace at Essendon. A hero and role model for future cheats). /= Culture.

If only Jobe could have taken a leaf out of Dustin's book. A much better human being with more decency and courage in his little finger than Jobe.
Still looking about his dad though

Just one hole in your theory mate, Geelong have never been busted for drug cheating.

No, never busted

But they had bomber and weapon on their books, dank was regularly advising weapon on what to do, and ling admitted to drinking a blue supplement drink he had.no idea what it contained

But yeah, they were.clean and won on prayers and gatorade

No, never busted

But they had bomber and weapon on their books, dank was regularly advising weapon on what to do, and ling admitted to drinking a blue supplement drink he had.no idea what it contained

But yeah, they were.clean and won on prayers and gatorade
Their home ground advantage (biggest in VFL/AFL history) pretty much ensures them a spot in the finals every year. However it seems that the Cats can only win premierships* when Robinson and Dank are providing "advice".
A team with that sort of character would have been a worthy rival for the services of Stringer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back