Essendon- the best team your club can field in 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

amazonstud

Senior List
I would like to know what the different supporters think would be the best team their club could field from their list next season.
I will post what I think may be the best for all clubs
The Dons
Wellman Fletcher Hardwick
Solomon Robran M.Johnson
Caracella Misiti Ramanauskas
Mercuri Lucas Hird
Heffernan Lloyd Rioli
Barnes Blumfield J.Johnson

Interchange
Hille Long McAllister McVeigh

Essendon Side For 2001!!!

M. Johnson Fletcher Barnard
Hardwick Wellman Solomon
Blumfield Misiti Long
Mercuri Lucas Rioli
Moorcroft Lloyd Caracella
Barnes Heffernan Hird
Allesio or Hille
Ramanauskas J. Johnson MeVeigh

Emergencies:: Bolton Mc Grath Henneman McAllister

Walshy,

The reason I didn't pick Wallis is that I think he's a good back up but that Fletcher and Wellman are two definites and that Robran will be given his chance this year.

I haven't seen a lot of Jacobs but I went with McVeigh ahead of both him and Moorcroft.
What do you think?

Match up Melbournes best side to Essendon's best and there really isnt that much difference.
Just wait a couple of years when Bruce, Green, Whelan, Walsh, Ward, Wheatley, Brown, Beams, J.McDonald, Johnstone and Grgic(just to name a few) mature. We will be a powerhouse!!
Dont forget that Farmer, Woewodin, Robertson, White, Yze, Rigoni and Leoncelli are still pretty young and will still be going around.

2001-2010....The DEMON era.

Originally posted by BIG POPPA PUMP:
Match up Melbournes best side to Essendon's best and there really isnt that much difference.
Just wait a couple of years when Bruce, Green, Whelan, Walsh, Ward, Wheatley, Brown, Beams, J.McDonald, Johnstone and Grgic(just to name a few) mature. We will be a powerhouse!!
Dont forget that Farmer, Woewodin, Robertson, White, Yze, Rigoni and Leoncelli are still pretty young and will still be going around.

2001-2010....The DEMON era.

we arent talkin a couple of years, we are talkin now
and compare these guys to caracella, blumfield, lloyd, ramanaskaus, jacobs, rioli, johnsons, solomon, heffernan, who are all the same age as the guys you mentioned above, and i think essendon are way infront

also remember whelan and green played in essendons reserves and werent considered for senior promotion so obviously the list was too strong at essendon for them to get a mention

amonstud wallis is a legend, he has the skill and the leadership and id have him in my side anyday
as for jacobs, watch out, one of the most skillful players in the comp and my bet for norwitch winner in 2001

[This message has been edited by walshy1993 (edited 07 January 2001).]

The main difference between Melbourne and Essendon is that you have a lot of older players that will probably retire within the next couple of years- Wallis, Long, Bewick, Denham, Fraser, Hardwick, Hird, Alessio, Barnes etc, that's why I said a COUPLE OF YEARS!!!

You think Essendons young talent is better than Melbournes?? I dont think so!

Firstly you only mentioned 10 young players and many of them aren't anything special anyway. With Melbourne, they might not exactly be stars YET, but theres a good long list of 18 that all look like they're gonna be great players in the future.

I think the players I mentioned are equal to, if not BETTER than the players you mentioned.

You think Essendon is 'way in front' eh? Ok, lets see...

Woewodin: A brownlow medalist and only 23yrs of age.

Farmer: The best small forward in the league.

Yze: Fantastic player either on the half back line or up forward. Very classy, can kick a goal.

White: Probably the best ruckman in the league, still very young.

Simmonds: Very underrated. Your team Essendon were asking for him at the end of the season as were many others.

Green: You saw what he could do in the finals series, Im sure if Sheedy had his way he would never have let this future star slip by him.

Bruce: Outstanding young talent.

There's also Walsh,Ward, Wheatley,Brown, J.McDonald, Beams and Grgic and a whole heap of younger blokes down at Sandy ready for senior selection. You mach up the Essendon team and you might get a few good players under 24- Rioli, Ramanauskas etc, but nowhere near as many as Melbourne have.

ok.

firstly lloyd is only 22, years of football ahead of him

farmer best small forward, at times yes, but for consistancy id have power brown or mercuri any day

woewodin, no doubting his class

Yze behind or at best equal to mark johnson, heffernan, blumfield etc

white, no doubting his brillience, the one this melb has over ess

simmonds, just wait for a young guy named hille to step up, same mould as white and will be good

green, to small to play key forward and wont cut it as a midfielder, give me caracella, rioli or jacobs

bruce, good, but not great

walsh, average

ward, as above

beams, wheatly, mcdonald, beams, have nothing on rioli, caracella, blumfield, johnsons,

remember all these guys are the same age and the essendon players have experience on their side

older players????
bewick, denham and fraser have already gone

barnes has one or two years left and hille will slot in nicely
wallis, one last year and robran and henneman are more than great replacements
long, class of his own, hard to replace but im sure rioli or jacobs will do a good job
hird and hardwick still have atleast 4 years in them and we will cross that bridge when we come to it

there is no doubt melb have a great young list but to rate it anywhere near ess is a joke

give me a list of melbs u24s and then ill see if i even bother comparing it to essendons

Under 24's

Woewodin
Farmer
White
Yze
Green
Simmonds
Johnstone
Bruce
Walsh (ABOVE average)
Ward (ABOVE average)
Robertson
Brown
Whelan (Was beating players like Kelly before he injured his back)
Wheatley
Lamb (Will fit nicely into CHB, #1 Draft pick last yr.)
J.McDonald
Godfrey
Beams
Grgic
Nicholson

Keep in mind Leoncelli and Powell have only just turned 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back