Essendon to Save Norf "blockbuster" Game

AFL Club
Essendon
Thread starter #1
Obviously Norf Vs Saints Good Friday last year was a crap fest with 2 absolute minnow clubs battling it out in front of 65 members of the public.

Now Essendon has been asked to save the day and turn this shit show into a marquee game, that being said we obviously (as we can all agree with BT https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04/17/brian-taylor-comments-wrong-says-north-melbourne-chairman/) cant do that with Norf as part of the fixture.

So opening this up to clubs we don't currently have a showcase game against. Obviously minnow clubs not welcome.

Richmond - sorry Dream time.
Collingwood - sorry ANZAC day
Geelong - sorry Farmers Day (LOL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Cut Above

Every Other Anchor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Channel Four News Team
Giving blockbusters only to "big 4" clubs is one thing, giving them to Norf is the other extreme of the spectrum. Hawthorn & Geelong have shown you don't need top 4 teams involved to create massive games with huge crowds, but giving them to the Vic club with the LEAST amount of supporters is just stupid.

Socrates2

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not so sure Essendon are still part of the big 4, they have leaked a number of members in recent years.Let North keep it, they've got nothing else, and they did get rid of the pokies.

Socrates2

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
So what you're saying is that Essendon will "inject" some life into this fixture?
Fair call, Hird is rightly facing the pointy end of the criticisms and it's a sore point amoungst Essendon's drug suppliers who don't like getting needled.Is McDonald-Tipunwoodi the only clean player to play at Pindy Hill in the last 6 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst we are at it, I think we can all agree that true blockbuster games are only between Big 4 clubs, so I'm happy to downgrade our country clash against Geelong to replace with the Good Friday Carlton match to ensure we still only keep 3 blockbusters.

It's only fair after all.

AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be in favour of moving Cats-Hawfs to Good Friday. Easter is a 5 day session, I should be able to watch the Cats bank the 4 points on the second evening and spend the rest of the holidays with a smile on my face.
North-Dons should be moved to the Monday, which is the equivalent of a Sunday twilight game.
It's only reasonable.

Top Bottom