Essendon to Save Norf "blockbuster" Game

Obviously Norf Vs Saints Good Friday last year was a crap fest with 2 absolute minnow clubs battling it out in front of 65 members of the public.

Now Essendon has been asked to save the day and turn this s**t show into a marquee game, that being said we obviously (as we can all agree with BT https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04/17/brian-taylor-comments-wrong-says-north-melbourne-chairman/) cant do that with Norf as part of the fixture.

So opening this up to clubs we don't currently have a showcase game against. Obviously minnow clubs not welcome.

Richmond - sorry Dream time.
Collingwood - sorry ANZAC day
Geelong - sorry Farmers Day (LOL)

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Giving blockbusters only to "big 4" clubs is one thing, giving them to Norf is the other extreme of the spectrum. Hawthorn & Geelong have shown you don't need top 4 teams involved to create massive games with huge crowds, but giving them to the Vic club with the LEAST amount of supporters is just stupid.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Dwarfmelbourne need all the help they can get, disbandment is a very real scenario in the not too distant future.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Hawthorn & Geelong have shown you don't need top 4 teams involved to create massive games with huge crowds

It's a lot to do with people who have nothing else in their life besides football.

I am aware of the self troll here.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not so sure Essendon are still part of the big 4, they have leaked a number of members in recent years.Let North keep it, they've got nothing else, and they did get rid of the pokies.

I'm not so sure Essendon are still part of the big 4, they have leaked a number of members in recent years.Let North keep it, they've got nothing else, and they did get rid of the pokies.

this makes * all sense.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So what you're saying is that Essendon will "inject" some life into this fixture?
Fair call, Hird is rightly facing the pointy end of the criticisms and it's a sore point amoungst Essendon's drug suppliers who don't like getting needled.Is McDonald-Tipunwoodi the only clean player to play at Pindy Hill in the last 6 years?

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Never heard this one. Really good mate!

Thank you,

When it comes to Essendon

afl-bombers-whatever-it-takes2-jpg.454394

for cheap lols.

glory be, its going to be packed. It will take me ages to get a beer, chips and go to the dunny which will probably be full of syringes.

It is a North home game after all so your beer and chips will likely have syringes in in too.

FurTheWin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
Amongst the pigeons
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Banshees
I'd be in favour of moving Cats-Hawfs to Good Friday. Easter is a 5 day session, I should be able to watch the Cats bank the 4 points on the second evening and spend the rest of the holidays with a smile on my face.
North-Dons should be moved to the Monday, which is the equivalent of a Sunday twilight game.
It's only reasonable.

Back