News Essendon to wear a retro guernsey in Round 21

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
It's back to the future for Essendon in round 21 against the Saints with a pre-colour TV sash and collars. Couldn't find any news articles on this but I did see Heppell modelling this on 7 news. It's also in honor of Essendon's half forward of the century, Ken Fraser

https://www.bombershop.com.au/heritage-guernseys/mens-heritage-guernsey
eb18jsy13m-front.jpg

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmm, testing the waters I wonder?

Surely we're due for a rebrand by now, I've only been waiting for it since 09... plus our sash is almost identical to Richmond's this season (Tigers a bit thicker, according to fj.com) - maybe theyll change it up so not to be seen as the AFL's 'other sash team'

Probably a pipe dream, but would be cool.

Last edited:
Grey and Red?
ISC don't give a stuff when they create these images, do they?
I reckon that’s just to show off the texture/folds in the template, but they’re probably using 10,10,10 black

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
My question is why didn't they come up with this collar design last year when we had our 125th jumper?! Would've been easily my favourite Pies jumper... besides the Swooper.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Can it still be considered a sash if it's broken? I mean, gotta adhere to the constitution, right?
Can it still be considered a sash if it has "Fujitsu" defacing it? Or the Kia logo over it wide enough you can't see the sides? :p

Wonder if we'll see some clubs permanently running with a collar again, a bit like in the EPL how some have some dont etc

I would be happy if the cats permanently used the one we used in our retro game this year.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
It actually looks like... a wool effect?

38124950_1798136773632727_7040725414293012480_o.jpg
Good spot Gibbsy, definitely looks like what they were going for. I'll need to see them in action before I can tell whether I like it or not

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love the idea but honestly Cotton On's retro collar is 10x better than ISC's. ISC look to have just added a little flappy bit to a modern collar. At least Cotton On did a proper redesign of the collar to make it look the part.
this!

I think the ISC version of this looks pretty shoddy, don't think the collar suits the wide open neck of the ISC guernseys

Back