Essendon top players prices/positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mots looking great now! Fat free turtle on his pizza now.

tmnt-pizza.jpg

Ryan Crowley - mid $202,800
James Kelly - mid $410,100
Jonathan Simpkin - mid/fwd $223,400

..and now officially the fourth top up player has signed
Matt Dea - defender $210,000 - $220,000

Six to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So unless they get Grimley or whatever his name is and he's a 120-140k FWD/RUCK they're all going to be irrelevant, that's a shame.
Glass half full my friend.

They're relevant because they allow the opposition to massive helpings of SC points.

Plus there will be thousands of people filling their teams with these bargains, catapulting me towards the 50k ;)

Simpkin as a forward tempting anyone?
Pretty slim pickings up there
need to see where he'll be playing and how he goes in the NAB cup

In his time at Hawthorn, he averaged 79.4 in his non-sub games (17 total). Lock at that price, especially with him being a DPP.
My thinking exactly. Output was HUGELY sub affected at the Hawks.
need to see where he'll be playing and how he goes in the NAB cup
I can see him playing wing/hf with short bursts in the middle.
Maybe.

I'd prefer Jed tbh & I don't want to over do it with top up/Essendon hacks..
I don't like the Jed selection FWIW. No guarantee to even play at NM. Even if he gets a crack it, he averaged a meagre 18 disposals per game in the VFL last year. Doesn't exactly scream 'cash cow' to me.

In terms of top up/Essendon hacks, I'd have Simpkin as numero uno of the ones we have prices for.

My major concern with selecting any of them is that we can't be sure how Essendon are going to use them. I can't see them playing all 10 each week. It's not like winning games next year really matters, it's more about developing their kids, surely. Therefore it's entirely possible that they all rotate through the seniors, but with time in the reserves/resting thrown in as well. This would be wonderfully annoying...

Still a lot of unknown with all of this :(

So many people having a mad fap for players that have been stuffing their faces over christmas and started preseason 2 months late

They've (in case of Simpkin, Crowley etc) spent years in an AFL system. That's conditioning a teenage rookie can't get regardless of when they started pre-season and they don't all go full-Relton once delisted.

Some of them I'd imagine would be putting themselves in the shop window for the draft at end of year too to be picked up permanently.

They've (in case of Simpkin, Crowley etc) spent years in an AFL system. That's conditioning a teenage rookie can't get regardless of when they started pre-season and they don't all go full-Relton once delisted.

Some of them I'd imagine would be putting themselves in the shop window for the draft at end of year too to be picked up permanently.
Many of them were already training with VFL sides also

I don't like the Jed selection FWIW. No guarantee to even play at NM. Even if he gets a crack it, he averaged a meagre 18 disposals per game in the VFL last year. Doesn't exactly scream 'cash cow' to me.
they gave pick 15 up for him, I'm sure he won't play much VFL imo

last year against Collingwood round 1 of nab cup Jed scored 110 sc points for 25 disposals. the boy can play.

they gave pick 15 up for him, I'm sure he won't play much VFL imo.
A good team won't pick a bloke based on where they drafted him or what they gave up to get him.
St Kilda took McCartin with pick 1, how many games did he play last year?
WB's traded their captain, a 1st rd pick and payed part of Griffen's salary for Tom Boyd, it's not like he played every week.
And consider that NM believe they are contenders, and have Wells returning from injury. They can't afford any passengers if they are serious.
last year against Collingwood round 1 of nab cup Jed scored 110 sc points for 25 disposals. the boy can play.
And over the entire season in the VFL he averaged 18 disposals per game and was rarely a standout.
One exhibition game sample vs entire season of competitive football ???????

Don't get me wrong, he's a talent, no doubt. Hasn't quite figured it all out yet though. I am disappointed that my team let him go. However I have to trust their judgement on such things. They seem to get things right more often than not, in all aspects of running a club, but particularly with regards to evaluating talent. Hard to argue with their results on the board

A good team won't pick a bloke based on where they drafted him or what they gave up to get him.
St Kilda took McCartin with pick 1, how many games did he play last year?
WB's traded their captain, a 1st rd pick and payed part of Griffen's salary for Tom Boyd, it's not like he played every week.
And consider that NM believe they are contenders, and have Wells returning from injury. They can't afford any passengers if they are serious.

And over the entire season in the VFL he averaged 18 disposals per game and was rarely a standout.
One exhibition game sample vs entire season of competitive football ???????

Don't get me wrong, he's a talent, no doubt. Hasn't quite figured it all out yet though. I am disappointed that my team let him go. However I have to trust their judgement on such things. They seem to get things right more often than not, in all aspects of running a club, but particularly with regards to evaluating talent. Hard to argue with their results on the board
Okay...

don't know why your comparing 2x young kpp to Anderson but that's just you trying to prove a point.

agree to disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back