Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2002
MCG, pocket, Punt rd end
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory, Hereford
Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.
(5 + a rookie+ nash for 1)

LOL, what a vivid imagination you have. As if Melbourne would ever agree to give up the 1st pick for basically a hack, an unknown and a first round pick.

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Lets see... Lovett, who played ONE good game in his career OR McPhee who is FORMER AA...what year was that. Cant have been in the last 5 can it.

You would be very lucky to get anyone interested in McPhee given that everyone wants to reduce their age on their lists (except the Saints and Freo).
Lovett, you may get a 5th rounder but more than likely he'll go through and get delisted, so someone can pick him up without giving anything up IMO.

Oh my, I won't even attempt to reply to that.

Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
Newman isnt a confirmed,

stanton isnt loved by the club and dyson well, hes trade bait

McPhee is like Newman, but not half as good .

McPhee will be traded.

This is the bit that intrigues me adii_7. Where on earth did you get the impression the club does not love Stanton. Why make s**t up?

May 19, 2005
In a Jack Daniels bottle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
SANFL club Glenelg , SBR
Pack up lovett , with 4th Rounder To Richmond for Newman.

packup stanton & Dyson, send him to freo for a there first rounder.

Packup McPhee send him to West Coast For Staker + 4th rounder.

Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.

Hooker + 4th Rounder For Swallow?

Atkinson + 2nd rounder for Prismall .

Pickup Rich & possibly nata.

+ Others prospects in the draft ?

Add alcohol and this is what you get.......:thumbsdown:

Phat Toni

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs & Storm
Pack up lovett , with 4th Rounder To Richmond for Newman.

packup stanton & Dyson, send him to freo for a there first rounder.

Packup McPhee send him to West Coast For Staker + 4th rounder.

Hooker + 4th Rounder For Swallow?

Atkinson + 2nd rounder for Prismall .

Pickup Rich & possibly nata.

+ Others prospects in the draft ?

Few too many trades there champ.

only one i see as being a possibility is Staker to the Dons but for Lovett not McPhee

Mar 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
-
Lets see... Lovett, who played ONE good game in his career OR McPhee who is FORMER AA...what year was that. Cant have been in the last 5 can it.

You would be very lucky to get anyone interested in McPhee given that everyone wants to reduce their age on their lists (except the Saints and Freo).
Lovett, you may get a 5th rounder but more than likely he'll go through and get delisted, so someone can pick him up without giving anything up IMO.

so everyone wants to reduce the age on their lists yet they would pick up lovett? mcphee is 1 month older then lovett, has been an AA has still shown pretty solid form in a forward line that pretty much gets no supply.

lovett on the other hand has been in the midfeild has dominated games but nowhere near as often as what he should and has off field issues

yet no-one would get mcphee because he is one month older then lovett.

haha a 5th rounder for lovett? first of all if essendon dont get the right trade for lovett they would keep him. its important to note that no essendon official has ever said that lovett will definately be traded, when knights was asked about it all he said was that we have spoken about lovetts future with him and that we value him highly as a player.
never once have they said he is certain to be traded, that leaves a backdoor where if they dont get an appropriate deal they will keep him. make no mistake lovett is worth a second rounder and if we dont get it he will be at essendon next year.

Longy413

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I don't think we'll get what we want for Lovett and I don't think McPhee will even be on the table, but everything you have said in your post is a subjective load of crap and no better than the opening post.

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Stanton isn't going anywhere, why is he unfairly criticised so much?

I know their not the same player, but i remember the cats supporters wanting to trade/delist C.Ling every year between 2002-2006 for the same sort of reasons.

Stanton is staying.

Most of those trades were crazy. Lovett will go, Dyson won't coz no one wants him.

FFS, Lovett doesn't have anywhere near the currency you deluded idiots think he has.
He is 25, inconsistant, off field troubles and the coach has said that he wants to trade him.
All these factors equals a second rounder if you are very lucky

FFS, Lovett doesn't have anywhere near the currency you deluded idiots think he has.
He is 25, inconsistant, off field troubles and the coach has said that he wants to trade him.

That's what most of us are asking, people who say he's worth a 5th round pick are the one's deluding themselves. Known match winner, burning pace, if clubs are willing to try and tame his off field troubles they could land themselves are very good player.

Essendon will not let him go unless it benefits us.

Mar 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
-

why make crap up???
no essendon official has ever said lovett would be up for trade. all knights has said is that lovetts future has been discussed with him and that is not for the public to know about..

he is 25 (hardly old), inconsistant (yes), off field troubles (every team has player with off field issues. he has missed 2 training sessions this year, one of which he was late for but still turned up to, that is all the off feild issues he has had since the whole gf issue in what 2005?. you compare that to say kerr, or didak and he is looking pretty good)

Longy413

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Andrew Lovett is not inconsistant.

He averaged 18 disposals a game in 2008 and only had three games where he had below 15 disposals and only three games above 20, so he is in and around his average every week.

In 2007 he averaged 17, with four games below 15 and four above 20, again consistently in and around his average.

He didn't win games off his own boot every week, few do, but he is one bloke we can rely on to find the footy and make an impact just about every time he steps onto the field. He rarely, if ever puts in a shocker.

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none

He averaged 18 disposals a game in 2008 and only had three games where he had below 15 disposals and only three games above 20, so he is in and around his average every week.

In 2007 he averaged 17, with four games below 15 and four above 20, again consistently in and around his average.

He didn't win games off his own boot every week, few do, but he is one bloke we can rely on to find the footy and make an impact just about every time he steps onto the field. He rarely, if ever puts in a shocker.

Sounds like a bloke a club would want on their list.

Doesn't it?

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond

Sounds like you'll keep him then.
You haven't got many impact players, why would you trade him?

spike mcveigh

Rookie
Sep 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
If it was up to me I would quickly trade Jason Laycock. But this won't happen, as he has signed a new 2 year contract. I would also be considering trading Stanton. He is a disgrace to wear the number 5 guernsey. It's obvious that Lovett is being traded, which i reckon is dumb.

Think about things before posting them

Excellent advice, good sir.

Linky?

If it was up to me I would quickly trade Jason Laycock. But this won't happen, as he has signed a new 2 year contract. I would also be considering trading Stanton. He is a disgrace to wear the number 5 guernsey. It's obvious that Lovett is being traded, which i reckon is dumb.

Fortunately it isn't up to you. We have three ruckmen, one of which has played 3 games, and is 19 years old. Why would we trade one of our two ruckmen who are actually capable of completing a season in the ruck. Nothing against Bellchambers, who I think will be a gun, but he's not ready for AFL yet.

Stanton is our best midfielder, and has improved dramatically on all of the weaknesses in his game, except his kicking, which has improved a bit.

Why is trading Lovett and instilling a culture of discipline dumb?

never read anything more ridiculous in all my life

True, that.

Bomberchris

Rookie
Sep 8, 2008
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone here even think about the round number draft pick their offering up sometimes. Everyone is happy to take Lovett as long as it's only a 4th of 5th rounder. You people are insane!! You must be... 4th round starts at approximately. The minimum 4th round pick is down near 48. 5th round down at 64!!! So in other words you want to give up nothing to get a good player quoting a supposed mental issue to drop him down in value. Let's say mid to late 2nd round pick is fair shall we?

Mar 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
-

can i ask what you thought of him at the end of last year?
i dont see all this critisism people lay on stanton as fair at all
he has improved pretty well this year compared to last imo. last year he was strictly an oustide receiver whose only asset was his endurance. This year he has averaged pretty much the same amount of possessions (22 this year 23 last year), has gotten a heap more clearences, almost tripled his amount of tackles (72 this year, 28 last year). and has been coping a heavy tag for his first year..

imo he has done a pretty damn good job, hasnt been hird like obviously but who is hird like?

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Just as well he's contracted then.

Unless of course, he wants to go.

You know as well as I do he is quite a limited footballer. He isn't a good kick and he often makes poor decisions. He won't stick his head over the pill when he should and he has more than a few questions marks over his ability to knuckle down off-field aswell as on-field.

He is a core-age footballer with some natural ability. Essendon don't have too many of them. They know his game and they know the bloke. If he is put up for trade, I would respect their footy department enough to suggest they are making the right call and he is not worth looking at.

Longy413

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
You know as well as I do he is quite a limited footballer. He isn't a good kick and he often makes poor decisions.

That's absolute crap.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Nathan Lovett-Murray.

Andrew Lovett makes the right decisions most of the time and he's a very good kick of the footy. His ability to hit up targets inside 50 is among the best at the club.

He won't stick his head over the pill when he should

Wrong again, he isn't James Hird or Glenn Archer. But he does it when he needs to. He pulled out of a contest in his first year a couple of times. He hasn't in the last two years.

See Essendon v Adelaide at AAMI for a great example of Lovett going and going hard when he had to.

he has more than a few questions marks over his ability to knuckle down off-field aswell as on-field.

That only reason he is even considered trade worthy.

And it isn't more than a few question marks.

Back