Essendon Trading 2017 - Player Nominations and Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP makes valid points, and I demand that a full inquiry be launched and Essendon be ordered to stop trading immediately.

Saad and Stringer contracts and deals should be voided, and all clubs can nominate a representative to compete in a double elimination sack race tournament to see who gets them.

Andrew McGrath should be ordered to show up for training with Brissie when he gets back from canuck land, and for * sake, somebody give Burton the Rising Star award he was stone cold robbed of.

Thank **** we don't trade with them. Smug campaigners.

Why would we? Hard to deal with, and I hate the face on that smug * Dododoro.

The fact they haven't been stripped of their all the picks is a disgrace.

Why would we? Hard to deal with, and I hate the face on that smug **** Dododoro.

The fact they haven't been stripped of their all the picks is a disgrace.
How'd they end up with the number 1 pick? It's not like they finished last.

mate my club has the most premierships

Yeah but you only won fourteen grand finals, so...

tumblr_mdjxtxhZrU1r9wybv.gif

How'd they end up with the number 1 pick? It's not like they finished last.

Was an AFL gift. Should have been stripped of it. ******* campaigners.

Essendon fans posting on an Essendon thread on the main board. We are arrogant idiots after all.

guess once the dominoes started falling the usual cries of "Essendon will barely get 1 deal done" and "Dodo will offer a 4th rounder for all of them" have started to die down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 + 30 + future 3rd for Stringer + Smith + Saad.

**** Dodoro is useless.
This is where the footy hype machine goes a bit nuts.

Being active in the trade period does not always mean being a winner in the trade period.

Essendon picked up one ripper (Smith) one flashy (Saad) and a role of the dice (stringer)

Port, also widely lauded for how good they will be, picked up one ripper (Rockliff), one flashy (motlop) and one role player (watts). The flashy and the role player played well in the first game but need to be checked across the season. They also picked up a grab bag of guys like trengove, Thomas etc. was weird. Active doesn’t equal good and they should have just stopped with the 3 dudes they picked up. They also lost trengrove to the doggies, so the net difference is adjusted slightly.

The year before hawks picked up one ripper (mitchell), one roll of the dice (omeara) and one superdud (Vickery). Mitchell worked out brilliantly, omeara is only just getting on the park reliably now and Vickery was a train wreck. So we were active but was it a good trade period?

Generally I prefer clubs to try and improve their list in the trade period. You only have two chances to improve your list - trade period (including FA) and drafting. So to sit out of one of these opportunities is a mistake. But it’s also easy to confuse action with improvement.

Darcy Fogerty agrees.
We are pretty good for key position depth up forward so even if we did have pick 11 we may not have picked him.

Smith and Saad were amongst our best last night and look like they will be very good players for us for a long time. Both are a lock in the best 22. The one that we were hoping for big things from, Stringer, has been very average and could possibly find himself in the VFL next week. If Stringer finds some rhythm then we have done very, very well out of the trades.

It is probably better off judging these things at the end of the season but on paper, it still appears that we made out like bandits! I remember someone going on about how good Jimmy Toumpas trade had been two games into the season so probably better I don't go too hard!

We are pretty good for key position depth up forward so even if we did have pick 11 we may not have picked him.

Smith and Saad were amongst our best last night and look like they will be very good players for us for a long time. Both are a lock in the best 22. The one that we were hoping for big things from, Stringer, has been very average and could possibly find himself in the VFL next week. If Stringer finds some rhythm then we have done very, very well out of the trades.

It is probably better off judging these things at the end of the season but on paper, it still appears that we made out like bandits! I remember someone going on about how good Jimmy Toumpas trade had been two games into the season so probably better I don't go too hard!
2017 can’t win contested ball.

Recruit 3 flankers.

2018 can’t win contested ball.

Bandits.

2017 can’t win contested ball.

Recruit 3 flankers.

2018 can’t win contested ball.

Bandits.
So Darcy Fogarty would have addressed that? I know Essenodn likes to shoehorn players but that is ridiculous!

We have picked up 3 very handy players, all who would have played for your team if they were on your list and we did not have to sell the farm to do it!

Smith is a midfielder but could not force his way in at GWS and ended up playing on the flank. He has added some class to our midfield and has been very good since coming across. The AFL website had him as our second best player last night.

Saad has gone onto a back flank and in his first game towelled up Betts and was one of our best. With Baguley getting on, we needed a small lockdown defender. The added bonus is that gives great run off the flank. A very good in for us.

Stringer is an enigma. Even Worsfold doesn't know where to put him! If he finds his groove Essendon will become extremely potent up forward but I doubt he has the endurance to play as a mid.

So Darcy Fogarty would have addressed that? I know Essenodn likes to shoehorn players but that is ridiculous!

We have picked up 3 very handy players, all who would have played for your team if they were on your list and we did not have to sell the farm to do it!

Smith is a midfielder but could not force his way in at GWS and ended up playing on the flank. He has added some class to our midfield and has been very good since coming across. The AFL website had him as our second best player last night.

Saad has gone onto a back flank and in his first game towelled up Betts and was one of our best. With Baguley getting on, we needed a small lockdown defender. The added bonus is that gives great run off the flank. A very good in for us.

Stringer is an enigma. Even Worsfold doesn't know where to put him! If he finds his groove Essendon will become extremely potent up forward but I doubt he has the endurance to play as a mid.
Fogarty will go into the midfield - he is a beast.

If you can’t get your hands on it your not threatening anytime soon. Freo won in a canter last night and their kids bullied you around the ball.

Fogarty will go into the midfield - he is a beast.

If you can’t get your hands on it your not threatening anytime soon. Freo won in a canter last night and their kids bullied you around the ball.
Oh I see.

i thought we were discussing last years trades? Silly me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back