Game Day Essendon V Collingwood Rd6 2019 Tonight on 7Mate at 7.30m

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it! ' shame on anyone that boos a champion' d******d bomber supporters.
Grubs and sore losers. Said it at the time and it's obvious on replay that booing Pendlebury had nothing to do with the umps. The umps had well and truly left the field and Buckley didn't get the same treatment until he rightfully called them out. Love that our Collingwood chant came through loud on the telecast to counter and drown out their boos.

Essendon was gifted 2 charities. Anyway I remember the umps ticking off on the calls they whinged about. We kicked poorly and they kicked so many out of their arse. We miss Langdon, he is a quiet achiever down back. Varcoe was awful all day.

The carry on from the injection fans about that game is even more hilarious having just watched again. There was literally a plethora of dubious calls/non calls that resulted directly in goals to them. The 'in the back' to Guelfi where Grundy landed on his knees, the free to Baguley in the pocket where he and Langers were holding just as much of each other, Tippa's blatant throw to Daniher to give him his fourth goal which didn't even get a mention on the telecast, just off the top of my head. Then they get all bent out of whack when a couple of calls don't go their way at the other end? No one does salty like Bummers fans. :drunk:

May as well re-post what I said last year:

Ironic that Essendon are crying about the umpiring when I can recall them scoring three goals from poor umpiring decisions/non-decisions.

1). In the second quarter, Guelfi was paid in the back after Grundy tackled him. Turns out Grundy didn't get him in the back during the tackle. Even the commentators thought it was a poor decision.

2). In the last quarter, Langdon and Baguley are in a fair one on one contest and Langdon is unfairly penalised, leading to an easy goal for Baguley from a free kick.

3). Joe Daniher's final quarter snap goal was courtesy of a pass (throw) by McDonald-Tipwugwuti. The umpires completely overlooked it and missed the throw.

The umpiring was poor for both clubs. We were lucky to get away with a few non-HTB decisions, but we would have been penalised mostly in our attacking 50 rather than in our defensive 50. Even if all the non-decisions were paid, they wouldn't have led to direct goals to Essendon.

If anything, Essendon supporters should be upset with their star recruit, Dylan Shiel, who did more than enough to damage Essendon's prospects of winning the match with his constant turnovers.

We deserved to win. The margin flattered the Bombers early when we were dominating most of the first half. We struggled after that, but we would have been hard done by to lose a match that we were winning for the whole day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back