Oppo Camp Essendon V Hawthorn banter thread (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
Here we go guys: a thread for all to discuss the upcoming game, whether your a Bomber or Hawk fan.

Although this is a thread for Hawks posters to bring along their 'friendly banter', we want quality discussion. Moreover, all discussion will need to be within BigFooty guidelines and it is a necessary requirement that posters attack the post rather than the person. The other preview thread is for more robust discussion - well we hope, anyway ;)

A reminder to all Hawthorn supporters that if any post away from this thread remotely resembles a troll you will not be looked upon too kindly :)

Funny that when we were playing rubbish, he was just a stunned mullet. Just sat there doing nothing.

Now we are dismantling the pies, and he puts a hole in the wall.

He's a strange, scary man. I have felt the brunt of one of his tirades too :)

Can one of you guys give a good summary of your injury situation among your best 22 - Watson can't do it alone.

Zaharakis
Ryder
Hurley
Hibberd
Winderlich (though is making his way back)

Can't think of others atm... But we're definitely missing Zaka the most.

Crameri's playing injured too. Riemers is there abouts - probably not in our very best 22, though. We've missed Hocking and Davey recently due to silly acts getting themselves suspended. There's no consistency with our line-up, and it has caught up with us. However, we'll be right to cream the Hawks this week ;)

I hope hodge plays. Just to see his COURAGEOUS AND INSPIRATIONALLL ABILITY!
Every week after 20 mins he limps off or comes of the ground, the commentators say he is injured yet 5 mins later he comes back on bandaged up!! BLOODY INSPIRATIONALLL!!! WHAT A CHAMPION!

* hodge hope NLM body slams him to kingdom come

I hope hodge plays. Just to see his COURAGEOUS AND INSPIRATIONALLL ABILITY!
Every week after 20 mins he limps off or comes of the ground, the commentators say he is injured yet 5 mins later he comes back on bandaged up!! BLOODY INSPIRATIONALLL!!! WHAT A CHAMPION!

* hodge hope NLM body slams him to kingdom come
Sir limpalot in the VFL won't play, looked shocking yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are due against this mob. *, we owe them big time after they humiliated us with half their side out last year. Only thing that is worse than losing to Carlton is losing to Hawthorn, and to top it off their supporters carry on like ******* peanuts. Just hope they don't win the flag, that will be unbearable.

Oh and I hope Buddy and Hodge plays, they won't have any excuse to fall back on when we beat them

We are due against this mob. ****, we owe them big time after they humiliated us with half their side out last year. Only thing that is worse than losing to Carlton is losing to Hawthorn, and to top it off their supporters carry on like ******* peanuts. Just hope they don't win the flag, that will be unbearable.

Oh and I hope Buddy and Hodge plays, they won't have any excuse to fall back on when we beat them

lol

Regarding the thread... we should really win this match, but if we come in with that same mindset we had against Richmond we will get rolled, however if we play to our abilities then we will win well.

Tip: Hawthorn by 31 points

Key Match up's that i think could happen

Franklin vs Hooker
Carlisle vs Roughead
Gunston vs Fletcher
Rioli vs Dempsey
Breust vs Heppell

Mitchell vs Watson
Lewis vs Hocking
Sewell vs Stanton

Schoenmakers vs Crameri
Gibson vs Gumbleton
Stratton vs Hille
Guerra vs Jetta
Suckling vs Monfries

Who would tag Birchall?

Not sure he will... he was indignant that no-one would agree we should trade Hurley for Issac Smith. Not sure he's in the mood.

Did that really happen? Jeez some posters have no idea (HAD not yourself).

Great to see Gumby back and straight into some form.

As a Hawk supporter I'm pretty confident about this match on paper. Sewell will go to Watson and Shiels to Stanton. Hopefully we pay Howlett some respect as he's been in fine form this year.

Be interesting to see if we have a bit of a mental let down after such a big game against the Pies, it wasn't that taxing physically but we would've been building up to the match for some time however.

We are due against this mob. ****, we owe them big time after they humiliated us with half their side out last year. Only thing that is worse than losing to Carlton is losing to Hawthorn, and to top it off their supporters carry on like ******* peanuts. Just hope they don't win the flag, that will be unbearable.

If Hodge plays and we lose there will definitely be an excuse..

With 22 fit and firing players I'll back us in to win, provided Watson, Crameri and Jetta are tagged closely.

Regarding the thread... we should really win this match, but if we come in with that same mindset we had against Richmond we will get rolled, however if we play to our abilities then we will win well.

Tip: Hawthorn by 31 points

Key Match up's that i think could happen

Breust vs Heppell

Mitchell vs Watson
Lewis vs Hocking
Sewell vs Stanton

Heppell tagged Selwood on Friday, so he might be tagging again.
Possibly Mitchell.

Sick and tired or being referred to as the scum especially by a urnie and pooh colored team. From now on they will be refered to as "Faeces" and every time we hit them more and more will leak from their cavities. Time to play hard tackling football and these pricks are just hte team to practice on.

Hawks and Bombers games are always awesome...​
Will be interesting to see how the Hawks go after running themselves senseless yesterday and having another 6 day break, on the back of another 6 day break.​
Will need to bring their best to beat the Bombers who are a great team on the up.​

Hawks and Bombers games are always awesome...​
Will be interesting to see how the Hawks go after running themselves senseless yesterday and having another 6 day break, on the back of another 6 day break.​
Will need to bring their best to beat the Bombers who are a great team on the up.​
you going legend?

Could we sneak in a cheeky beer before-hand at Binxy's thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back