Votes: 25 35.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Melbourne were the biggest and most successful club in the VFL for the first 60 odd years of its existence, so roughly half.

And Collingwood.

Though the Dees fell into a hole of irrelevancy post Norm Smith sacking, kind of the like the Bombers once Sheeds left.

That's an interesting theory, are we seeing the decline of a once "great" superpower?

Sometimes it takes just one decision and nations can fall, or in this case football clubs.

Melbourne is the classic example, Carlton have been near irrelevant for 20 years, perhaps we are witnessing the decline of the Essendon Bombers.

Popcorn anyone? :)

That's an interesting theory, are we seeing the decline of a once "great" superpower?

Sometimes it takes just one decision and nations can fall, or in this case football clubs.

Melbourne is the classic example, Carlton have been near irrelevant for 20 years, perhaps we are witnessing the decline of the Essendon Bombers.

Popcorn anyone? :)

Mate, we've witnessed it.

It has happened. They have declined.

Question is how long it lasts.

Mate, we've witnessed it.

It has happened. They have declined.

Question is how long it lasts.

If that's all it was, I want my money back.

No, what we have witnessed to date is only the beginning of their decline.

What we are seeing at the moment is a once "great" superpower trying to prove they are still relevant with this rebuild under Worsfold, but ultimately they will fail and it will be a glorious failure that will set them back decades. If fact, like Melbourne they may never recover.

If that's all it was, I want my money back.

No, what we have witnessed to date is only the beginning of their decline.

What we are seeing at the moment is a once "great" superpower trying to prove they are still relevant with this rebuild under Worsfold, but ultimately they will fail and it will be a glorious failure that will set them back decades. If fact, like Melbourne they may never recover.

I was chatting with GreatBradScott - who is due a name change - that the BEST THING EVA would be us flogging them, them missing finals and Scotts himself sliding in with a monorail pitch about "Look what I did with North's middling list and poor facilities!" imagen what I can do with all Essendon's riches and gun young high picks (even master snake oil salesman Brad may struggle to keep it together here) like Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis!

Brad Scott coaching the Bombers for five years. That would be gold.

Mar 3, 2004
Elwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New Orleans Pelicans
Billy, here's a tip mate, don't give people crap on the internet and also use your own photo and real name in the same post

Essendon supporters rang my work and tried to get me sacked during the drugs stuff because they didn't like what I said on here.

Obviously, as a North supporter, I'm a better person than the average Essendon supporter, so I'm tagging in a few folks Chief Gralin DapperJong Doss Lance Uppercut who can hopefully take you under their wing and let you know how to more safely get your HILARIOUS jollies teasing North fans about Tassie and member numbers, posts which wound us deeply you can be assured.

For in these woods lurk savage beasts Billy, someof them wear red and black and do stuff like ringing people's work over BF comments.

Some wear blue and white and I don't know what they'd do.

I can't honestly say best of luck on the weekend, coz us I want us to smash you, but you seem a decent soul Billy, so go well mate.

Heres the thing sport, I posted stating that lovely people like yourself cant seem to post without having a go about the saga..so you went ahead and did it. magnificent work. so tongue in cheek I posted about your more than likely relocation but that was not surprisingly missed by you. I'm sorry that someone felt the need to call your place of employment to let them know that you are a big tough internet bully. I'll keep an eye out for anyone in blue and white at the game but they are usually hard to find. Is there a chance you will be there or will you be too busy being a big tough bully on the internet like most north bigfooty folk? may the best team win :) oh and my real name isnt Billy..toodles

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Billy, here's a tip mate, don't give people crap on the internet and also use your own photo and real name in the same post

Essendon supporters rang my work and tried to get me sacked during the drugs stuff because they didn't like what I said on here.

Obviously, as a North supporter, I'm a better person than the average Essendon supporter, so I'm tagging in a few folks Chief Gralin DapperJong Doss Lance Uppercut who can hopefully take you under their wing and let you know how to more safely get your HILARIOUS jollies teasing North fans about Tassie and member numbers, posts which wound us deeply you can be assured.

For in these woods lurk savage beasts Billy, someof them wear red and black and do stuff like ringing people's work over BF comments.

Some wear blue and white and I don't know what they'd do.

I can't honestly say best of luck on the weekend, coz us I want us to smash you, but you seem a decent soul Billy, so go well mate.

Careful bomberbilly he will spend the next week googling you if you piss him off enough.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
lol "smelly essendon drug cheat scum billy" while putting lipstick on and adding me to his people to kill list.

Couldn't have put it better.

Lmao North fans think they can win.

tbf they probably will

our outs are putrid - probably why north supporters are so up and about on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If North win the centre clearances and shut down any outside run, then they should win.

If they bring their physical presence to bear on the Bombers midfield and backs, it could get ugly pretty quickly.

Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
this s**t is crazy guys!
settle down(both sides) and hope your respective teams do you proud!
we have no control of the outcome and very little to gain in smack talking.
Both clubs desperate for another win so should be a cracker!!

I will be attending the game with my wife and young kids.
anyone with a s**t attitude should stay home.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
this s**t is crazy guys!
settle down(both sides) and hope your respective teams do you proud!
we have no control of the outcome and very little to gain in smack talking.
Both clubs desperate for another win so should be a cracker!!

I will be attending the game with my wife and young kids.
anyone with a s**t attitude should stay home.

This whole thread is tongue in cheek, Isn't it?

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If North win the centre clearances and shut down any outside run, then they should win.

If they bring their physical presence to bear on the Bombers midfield and backs, it could get ugly pretty quickly.

no one is afraid of north mate

emblurr

Club Legend
May 1, 2008
South Yarra
AFL Club
Essendon
Like other games between these two clubs it's going to go at a cracking temPo or North could rattle off a few tinny goals to win the game late in the fourth. As for the result, I'm predicting North Tasmania by 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back