Game Day Essendon v Richmond at Windy Hill 17/8 LIVE STREAM

Remove this Banner Ad

both sides played very well on Saturday , very AFL like
Ess had enough known players for it to be very even

this game might serve as a good wake up call and stop us from getting ahead of ourselves
we know footscray is very good in the VFL , Willi is make a charge and Ess is clearly good enough to be a force
just because we are on top doesn't mean we are gifted the VFL flag
we'll have to earn it
but we should be up to the task

Henderson (no 66) our 23rd player looked really good and had some important touches across hb and in the middle in Q4. Could be one to keep an eye on.

Yeah I liked what I saw of him last week against Northern Blues on the G, doesn't look ready but there is something there to develop and he is daring off the half back. Looks a decent mature age rookie project.

Has the Pickett bubble burst? I really think he’s average and not what I expected from reading the first million posts in his thread. Is the number fifty to heavy to carry on his back? ATM he’s an average run of the mill vfl footballer and I see more hope in Pommie English and the Bunsen Burner Turner. No way is Pickett playing AFL this year and even if s**t was to happen
to our seniors he’d be behind KMac Naish Balta and Menadue ( if you don’t mind Connor Menadue).

Last edited:

Has the Pickett bubble burst? I really think he’s average and not what I expected from reading the first million posts in his thread. Is the number fifty to heavy to carry on his back? ATM he’s an average run of the mill vfl footballer and I see more hope in Pommie English and the Bunsen Burner Turner. No way is Pickett playing AFL this year and even if s**t was to happen
to our senior he’d be behind KMac Naish Balta and Menadue ( if you don’t mind Connor Menadue).

Was pretty ordinary against Essendon, not bad, just off the mark, floating and not getting much ball. I'd be fascinated to hear what his instructions were. He looked to play bruise-free for mine. Perhaps he's on a promise for the game against Brisbane and kept his nose clean as instructed? Definitely wasn't the same Pickett of two games ago. That's my take, rightly or wrongly. Welcome back today brother ;) 🤣

to our senior he’d be behind KMac Naish Balta and Menadue ( if you don’t mind Connor Menadue).
Never brought into the hype surrounding Pickett. That doesn't mean he won't end up being a handy player, more that it was a bit much to expect lightning to strike twice after we got Stack for nothing and he slotted straight in.

FWIW I rate English higher than Turner as he has a better ability to win his own footy in a contest than Turner at the moment and I think Connor may have played his way into a new deal with his form in the second half of the season and could be a sneaky chance to replace Ellis should he leave.

Never brought into the hype surrounding Pickett. That doesn't mean he won't end up being a handy player, more that it was a bit much to expect lightning to strike twice after we got Stack for nothing and he slotted straight in.

FWIW I rate English higher than Turner as he has a better ability to win his own footy in a contest than Turner at the moment and I think Connor may have played his way into a new deal with his form in the second half of the season and could be a sneaky chance to replace Ellis should he leave.
I agree on Pickett and there’s no way he’s playing seniors this season.
Menadue may be traded out bc he maybe in a long queue. English is a ripper and really bubbling along slowly. Turner was great before his injury and is coming good again. He’s still been impressive for a first year lad.

to our seniors he’d be behind KMac Naish Balta and Menadue ( if you don’t mind Connor Menadue).
I called it awhile ago playing so little football this year it would be unlikely he’d leapfrog half of what’s the strongest list in the AFL. I wouldn’t go too early though a comprehensive Pre season and he should be right to go
But right now , yep he has 7-8 at least in front of him , that’s right the back bone of the best vfl team trumped only twice all year

I agree on Pickett and there’s no way he’s playing seniors this season.
Menadue may be traded out bc he maybe in a long queue. English is a ripper and really bubbling along slowly. Turner was great before his injury and is coming good again. He’s still been impressive for a first year lad.
I’ve noticed English has been much busier , I didn’t see much in him earlier on, do you think he has senior qualities?

I’ve noticed English has been much busier , I didn’t see much in him earlier on, do you think he has senior qualities?
Based on his last few games i'd say yes. I will get a better look at him during the finals. I'm impressed with his ability to get through traffic and open up space for us.

RvpTnVT.png

HpwHrX9.png

Patrick Naish

26 disposals, one goal, 10 handball receives, four inside-50s & four rebound-50s

“He really played his role well, played a little bit forward this week as well as the wing and he continues his good form at this level.”

Callum Coleman-Jones

19 disposals (14 contested possessions), eight marks (five contested), 28 hit-outs, four clearances & one goal

“Is another who’s in terrific form, 19 disposals, 14 contested (possessions), eight marks, five of those contested which was a real feature. He dominated the aerial contest all-day and kicked a nice goal as well as having four clearances and 28 hit-outs. A pretty complete game for a 19-year old ruckman, so he’s in great form."

Noah Balta

18 disposals (14 contested possessions), three tackles, 21 hit-outs, seven clearances, three inside-50s & two goals

“Played in the ruck as well as a little bit forward. He’s starting to develop really well. He got us going through his clearances and two first-quarter goals—18 disposals is a good return to form from Noah.”

Kamdyn McIntosh

18 disposals, six marks, three tackles, three inside-50s & four rebound-50s

“Continues his form down back, 18 disposals and he ended up being really critical in the dying minutes of the game. He took a couple of really nice intercept marks and he looks like he’s playing above the level again which is pleasing.”

Luke English

18 disposals (13 contested possessions), two tackles & two goals

“Two weeks in a row where he’s kicked two goals, 18 disposals and similar statistics to last week, 13 of his 18 were contested. It was really pleasing to see him continue his development.”

Dan Butler

17 disposals, six handball receives, 12 tackles & two goals

“He kicked 2.1 and 12 tackles was the feature of his game. He was hard with his pressure and around the contest and 17 disposals. It was a really nice game from Dan. He kicked the winning goal to seal it for us.”

Riley Collier-Dawkins

16 disposals, seven handball receives, seven tackles & four clearances (three centre clearances)

“An inside mid(fielder) and played a little bit forward, seven tackles which was really pleasing to see, Riley’s playing his best when that part of his game is up.”

Sydney Stack

15 disposals (13 contested possessions), two tackles & five clearances

“Played extremely well, 15 disposals and had all of them up until halftime as he got injured just after half-time."

Ryan Garthwaite

15 disposals, seven marks, four spoils & five rebound-50s

“An outstanding player for us on the day. His intercept marking was a real feature. He’s got the balance between spoiling and marking right; he’s had four spoils but seven marks was a highlight. He’s playing great football for us.”

Fraser Turner

14 disposals, two tackles, five inside-50s & two rebound-50s

“It was a quieter day for Fraser. He played wing as he has been, he was down on his possession rate and he’s got some work to do on his positioning and we’re looking forward to him bouncing back next game.”

Jacob Townsend

14 disposals, six tackles, six clearances, three inside-50s, three rebound-50s & one goal

“Just as always, gives you an amazing effort, six tackles, kicked a goal, just really tough, 10 contested possessions. Players love playing with him.”

Mav Weller

14 disposals, three marks & two inside-50s

“Returned from injury and was a little quiet on the day. He had moments where he really set-up the game well for us. He looked like he got better as the game wore on. I’m sure he’ll be better in the coming weeks.”

Marlion Pickett

14 disposals, two tackles, two spoils & two clearances

“Continued his growth as a Richmond player. Played down back and went through the midfield in the last quarter—14 disposals, 10 contested (possessions). He was diligent within the game plan and playing to his role. He was a bit down on his previous two games but he’ll learn from this performance.”

Connor Menadue

13 disposals, six handball receives, four marks, three tackles, six inside-50s & two goals

“Played forward and a bit of wing, six inside-50s was a feature. Kicked two goals, one of them at a critical time in the last quarter, it was a classy finish on the run from Connor. He’s an important player for us."

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

11 disposals, seven handball receives, three marks & three inside-50s

“He’s an important ball-user off half-back. He had a dangerous match-up with young (Irving) Mosquito but certainly fought on well and was important in the contest.”

Callum Moore

Eight disposals, two spoils, two marks, three inside-50s & one goal

“Second game back after a long stint (with injury). He didn’t have the same impact as his previous week. Just his ability to get out back from contests was difficult to do at times. He kicked a nice goal and I’m sure he’ll be better for the run.”

Oleg Markov

Five disposals, two marks & one inside-50

“Played forward, the game was quite stifling at times and he had limited opportunities so he had limited impact at times but he was consistently trying to impact aerially in his role and fight for the outside.”

Ben Miller

Two disposals, one tackle & one goal

“Low impact in this game, he kicked a nice goal and we’re really looking for him to improve in his contest stuff. He’s learning the craft of being a forward and this week was a good learning day for him.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back