Game Day Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Round 21 - 19:25 AEST, Aug 10, 2019.

ESS v WB: Who will win?

• Essendon by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon under 30pts

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bulldogs under 30pts

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Bulldogs by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Essendon cop any injuries in this game?

Serious question, because I didn't watch the game. But I saw that Stringer and Fantasia, two of their key players in most of their wins did literally nothing.

The only reasonable excuse for a result like this that I could accept, is if Team A had multiple players go down early with injuries.

Has that ever happen before where one team was heavily favourite earlier in the week only to be ranked outside chance by the end of the week?

It happens a lot actually...

Odds are set for games weeks/months in advance. The obvious reason for the movement was due to Essendon having 6 team changes. That is an absolute disaster for chemistry. Unless a team is bringing in 6 star players to replace VFL types..... then it's usually a 100% loss.

It happens a lot actually...

Odds are set for games weeks/months in advance. The obvious reason for the movement was due to Essendon having 6 team changes. That is an absolute disaster for chemistry. Unless a team is bringing in 6 star players to replace VFL types..... then it's usually a 100% loss.
Thanks Jaiden

Take heart Dons fans. In Round 22 2016, not long before our incredible run to the flag, the Dogs went in missing:

Macrae
Murphy
Morris
Libba
Wallis
Suckling
Adams
Redpath
& a bunch of depth players

That day, we had an equally discouraging 3 point victory over Collingwood.

Keep your heads up.

I was thinking about that earlier.... This year is eerily similar to that Dogs 2016 year.

Dogs making a huge run the second half of the season. Dunkley has come out of nowhere to be potentially the best midfielder in the AFL. If he played this way all year, he would be winning the Brownlow. Maccrae/Bont/Dunkley are the best Trio in the AFL. And I did the ladder predictor and have the Dogs finishing 7th..... same as 2016.

Also as with 2016.. It's very open. There is no lock for the flag. Cats are very wobbly, Pies and GWS are injury ridden, West Coast are up and down, Brisbane might be a year too early... could potentially fold in finals with no finals experience, and Richmond look to be the biggest threat but again... Cotchin injury problems, Dusty now out.. if they have these issues in finals, the Dogs could take advantage with the strong mids they have. $51 for the flag could be a nice little sneaky one.

Start of the week Essendon were favourites, changed obviously when the punters worked out that was the wrong way around.

Would have changed with the teams being named. Of Essendon's 6 changes, 5 were forced due to injuries...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the odds were close, but Essendon were actually favourites to win. I wonder what the biggest margin a favourite has lost by?
Favourite with who?
I logged on to BetEasy about 2 minutes before the game to put some on and the Dogs were $1.68 favs.
On Wednesday we were favourites and that’s when I had $100 on the Dogs by 40+ @ $7.50

Favourite with who?
I logged on to BetEasy about 2 minutes before the game to put some on and the Dogs were $1.68 favs.
On Wednesday we were favourites and that’s when I had $100 on the Dogs by 40+ @ $7.50

Beteasy. Well those were the odds on that pick a winner show, and i think I recall seeing them as faves and thinking it odd. Anyway many saw it as a 50/50 game. As the weekend went on that must've changed. I myself felt the Dogs comfortably earlier today, but by about 30 not 100 lol.

When McDonald-Tipungwuti has kicked a goal Essendon’s wins.

Does this happen more time than not?

I am interested as it sounds like a cliche from Bruce McAvaney

When McDonald-Tipungwuti has kicked a goal Essendon’s wins.

Does this happen more time than not?

I am interested as it sounds like a cliche from Bruce McAvaney

I believe it happened like all but once this season before tonight, correct me if wrong though.

Beteasy. Well those were the odds on that pick a winner show, and i think I recall seeing them as faves and thinking it odd. Anyway many saw it as a 50/50 game. As the weekend went on that must've changed. I myself felt the Dogs comfortably earlier today, but by about 30 not 100 lol.
I think I said in the preview thread that we would be lucky to get with 10 goals. Most I know thought the same. Plenty said we won’t win another game for the year and that will absolutely be true

Back