Game Day Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Round 21 - 19:25 AEST, Aug 10, 2019.

ESS v WB: Who will win?

• Essendon by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon under 30pts

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bulldogs under 30pts

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Bulldogs by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually woke up this morning thinking last nights game was just a bad dream. šŸ™

Although normally acceptable and amusing, this fabricated rumor is potentially a police matter and considered libelous by the club.
It should not be perpetuated on this forum either.
I don't have a problem with it personally but I would ask the moderators to delete any such content.(my response included)
Be careful matey it could cost you your 'ginger nuts' and a wad of cash.
This may just be the biggest overreaction Iā€™ve ever seen

Coaching staff need to show a clip of dogs fans clapping when Essendon kicked thier 2nd goal

If that doesn't fire up the team for next than I don't know what will

It was like an under 11s match

ƀt least the bombers can have faith that they will once again win trade season this year.
They win it every year, Dododoro says so. He's done a fine job for Essington over the last few years, will do the same this year with all those good draft picks he has, oh wait .......

This may just be the biggest overreaction Iā€™ve ever seen

Nah expect a swat team through your door.

I do find amusing given all the rumours innuendo and genuine trash on this site over the years that some accusations on gambling is what tips it over the edge
Potential match fixing and insider betting is the scourge of professional sport.
So is tanking and PED's. It undermines the integrity of the sport.
Hence the harsh penalties handed down to players and clubs for these sorts of offences.

When you watch a game you want to be sure it is a genuine sporting contest, otherwise what's the point?

Sorry if I don't appreciate some pathetic keyboard warrior trying to damage the reputation of my club and the sport.
Why should they be exempt from penalties for undermining the reputation of the game and damage to the industry.
Don't get me wrong, I like amusing comment and gossip as much as anybody, but we live in the generation of "fake news" and people should be aware of the damage that creates. Malicious rumours morph into news and suddenly become being reported as fact.

The original perpetrator of this lie went to great lengths give this rumour traction as news by sending it to media outlets and including a faked screen-grab of a players phone.
Such despicable acts should not be honored by regurgitating or referencing the rumor. Let the lie die.

The only good thing is that we know Essendon weren't involved in a betting scandal with their pathetic performance last night.
They were just shite - it happens.
Imagine what sort of damage could be caused if they were accused of margin betting and throwing the game?

Last edited:
Although normally acceptable and amusing, this fabricated rumor is potentially a police matter and considered libelous by the club.
It should not be perpetuated on this forum either.
I don't have a problem with it personally but I would ask the moderators to delete any such content.(my response included)
Be careful matey it could cost you your 'ginger nuts' and a wad of cash.
the FBI just turned up at the.minyip swamp.Federal BEtting Investigators
Told them to go and catch malaria and fook off

Potential match fixing and insider betting is the scourge of professional sport.
Hence the harsh penalties handed down to players and clubs for these sorts of offences.

When you watch a game you want to be sure it is a genuine sporting contest, otherwise what's the point?

Sorry if I don't appreciate some pathetic keyboard warrior trying to damage the reputation of my club and the sport.
Why should they be exempt from penalties for undermining the reputation of the game and damage to the industry.
Don't get me wrong, I like amusing comment and gossip as much as anybody, but we live in the generation of "fake news" and people should be aware of the damage that creates. Malicious rumours morph into news and suddenly become being reported as fact.

The original perpetrator of this lie went to great lengths give this rumour traction as news by sending it to media outlets and including a faked screen-grab of a players phone.
Such despicable acts should not be honored by regurgitating or referencing the rumor. Let the lie die.

The only good thing is that we know Essendon weren't involved in a betting scandal with their pathetic performance last night.
They were just s**t - it happens.
Imagine what sort of damage could be caused if they were accused of margin betting and throwing the game?

Perhaps maybe you can keep some of the principles in mind when you post about other clubs in future.

Perhaps maybe you can keep some of the principles in mind when you post about other clubs in future.
Absolutely.
But I don't plan on sending faked up "evidence" of wrong doings to media outlets for any off handed remarks I make in this forum either...that's sick..
it's criminal behaviour and it shouldn't be condoned, supported or perpetuated.

Glad to see Gingernuts thinks it's funny.
Probably the sort of bloke that would create such a hoax if he finds it amusing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were just s**t - it happens.
Keep digging buddy

Anyway....nuff said.
Don't want to derail the thread.

Well played Doggies.
Essendon lift your game. I appreciate you have injuries (so do the Pies.)
It doesn't excuse your lack of effort or a 100pt loss.

Inconsistency of effort has been an issue at Essendon for years. Effort should be a non negotiable, it would drive me crazy if I supported them.

I remember watching Worsfold in his playing days

Bloke was a tough bastard and would smash any bloke that came in his area. Was hoping he would install some of that toughness into the playing group when he came on board but instead has got us a playing a soft brand of footy.

Club needs a coach where effort is non negotiable regardless of personnel. His philosophy of putting the onus on the players to work out why they play like crap doesn't suit our team we are not a team full of leaders who can coach them selfs.

Last edited:
View attachment 724509

Makin money baby ... makin money šŸ’°

Phil-Dunphy-phone-Modern-Family.jpg

Back