Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish this club would self-impose a media blackout and just knuckle down and show some real visible and repeatable on-field progress that doesn’t need the slogans and press releases - it’s a big ask, I know ☹️

Here's the best slogan for a team that want's to prove a point:

" "

Show up and prove your point through the outcomes.

* I hate slogans. they mean s**t all.
The irony is too that if they just shutup and won games, the media hype and adoration would be enormous.

You can kinda get it with 'Northball' as they need puff-piece articles selling the future more than anybody. They're irrelevant, and when they are talked about, it's not for anything good.

Essendon don't have that problem. They'll be talked about win, lose, or draw...but they can dictate how that discussion takes place by just winning games.

I don't even mind the whole 'Essendon edge' thing...but keep it behind closed doors. Every club has their own slogan for their brand of footy, it's just most of them are smart enough to not say it publicly.

If you're talking about it before the results have come though, you're just setting yourself up for criticism.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the Essendon HEDGE
reducing-old-hedge-600x450.jpg

The irony is too that if they just shutup and won games, the media hype and adoration would be enormous.

You can kinda get it with 'Northball' as they need puff-piece articles selling the future more than anybody. They're irrelevant, and when they are talked about, it's not for anything good.

Essendon don't have that problem. They'll be talked about win, lose, or draw...but they can dictate how that discussion takes place by just winning games.

I don't even mind the whole 'Essendon edge' thing...but keep it behind closed doors. Every club has their own slogan for their brand of footy, it's just most of them are smart enough to not say it publicly.

If you're talking about it before the results have come though, you're just setting yourself up for criticism.
It’s certainly put the pressure on the players to back it up, hasn’t it? Perhaps that’s the point

The edge of insanity..that’s where us Essendon supporters are.

Now it’s that time of year where I start betting on us getting beat and make some extra cash.
We got something in common. I put money on Freo to lose every week too. Dockers win, I lose cash.

Dockers lose I make money LoL

Shout out to Harrison Jones. Have seen him do more in five games this year than I have seen him do in his career. Playing lead up forward, staying involved in the play and being more than a couple of a nice marks, four touches, one goal player.

He’s had a couple of big games before but generally agree.

Issue is he’s a bit of a one trick pony if he doesn’t get a clear run at the ball he’s easily nullified at the contest

He’s had a couple of big games before but generally agree.

Issue is he’s a bit of a one trick pony if he doesn’t get a clear run at the ball he’s easily nullified at the contest

That’s so negative. Try to focus on the bright side of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back