Preview Essendon vs Adelaide, Docklands, Friday 23/03/18 @ 7:50 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Hartley and Brown in. Hartley's close checking and spoiling and Browns intercept marking combined with Hurley means we have their height covered. Saad onto Betts. Goddard roaming across half back. Dea may not be quite as good as Baguley, but he is a genuine 110 per cent... busts his guts for the team. Hopefully his disposal has improved under pressure.

Expect McKenna and McGrath to sneak onto the ground off the bench and reap a bit of havoc for the Crows with their pace and run.

Expect the Crows to try the keepings off game. Hopefully our guys are ready to man up and not be all out offence.

Ins and Outs since last time they met in round 21 last year

Essendon Ins: Zach Merret, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith, Adam Saad, Kyle Langford Michael Hartley, Mitch Brown, Thomas Bellchambers, Josh Begley,

Essendon Outs: James Kelly, Jobe Watson, Martin Gleeson, Travis Colyer, Ben Howlett, Jayden Laverde, Patrick Ambrose, David Myers, Matthew Leunberger

Adelaide Ins: Bryce Gibbs, Darcy Fogarty, Tom Doedee, Sam Gibson, Lachlan Murphy, Kyle Hartigan, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Paul Seedsman, Curtly Hampton

Adelaide Outs: Brodie Smith, Tom Lynch, Alex Keith, Charlie Cameron, Brad Crouch, Taylor Walker, Hugh Greenwood, Jake Lever, Riley Knight

Defence looks awful. Forward line super dangerous. I don't rate their midfield that high but its good and even and its got depth as they have those quality flankers also

I'm expecting a shootout as we haven't been able to contain any team for years.

Reality tells me we'll get done by 30+ but I reckon we can have one of those games where it all just works and we score like crazy and win.

Who gets Betts? McGrath?
Probably Saad.

Interesting to see who Dea matches up on. Wouldn't mind seeing Mitch Brown swung up forward to stretch them even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Baguely has a niggle rather than not in the team for form
Then why is he named emergency? Makes no sense at all to do that.

Tough game for predictions. Pumped for Klangford and Begley. Good luck to Brown and Dea.
I reckon a fair bit rests on young Kyle’s shoulders, and I think he’ll do alright (21 possessions - 5 contested - at 71%, 1.1 goals, 4 tackles - just call me nostradumbass later).
Oh yeah, and we got Stringer as well don’t we? (15 poss, 2.4 goals, 2 marks, 1 tackle - keeping expectations on the downlow;))

I’ve changed my mind after thinking ADE will win by a handful of goals - I reckon we might have a really close game.

Defence looks awful. Forward line super dangerous. I don't rate their midfield that high but its good and even and its got depth as they have those quality flankers also

I'm expecting a shootout as we haven't been able to contain any team for years.

Reality tells me we'll get done by 30+ but I reckon we can have one of those games where it all just works and we score like crazy and win.
* me are you my brother??

Ins and Outs since last time they met in round 21 last year

Essendon Ins: Zach Merret, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith, Adam Saad, Kyle Langford Michael Hartley, Mitch Brown, Thomas Bellchambers, Josh Begley,

Essendon Outs: James Kelly, Jobe Watson, Martin Gleeson, Travis Colyer, Ben Howlett, Jayden Laverde, Patrick Ambrose, David Myers, Matthew Leunberger

Adelaide Ins: Bryce Gibbs, Darcy Fogarty, Tom Doedee, Sam Gibson, Lachlan Murphy, Kyle Hartigan, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Paul Seedsman, Curtly Hampton

Adelaide Outs: Brodie Smith, Tom Lynch, Alex Keith, Charlie Cameron, Brad Crouch, Taylor Walker, Hugh Greenwood, Jake Lever, Riley Knight
Oh wow. We're much stronger and Adelaide weaker

Is "Standing Room Only" at Etihad the equivalent to General Admission at the MCG? Same meaning?
No. GA is seats on level 3 behind goal and back of the wings. Standing room is apparently level 1 behind the seats.

Standing room only tends to suggest all the seats have been sold at this point. Are you trying to get tickets?

No. GA is seats on level 3 behind goal and back of the wings. Standing room is apparently level 1 behind the seats.

Standing room only tends to suggest all the seats have been sold at this point. Are you trying to get tickets?

Was just trying to get some for others that were wanting to come along last minute. Maybe they can try during the day. Probably sold out I guess. Thanks for the tip.

I reckon Begley will cement his spot from now on. Liked what he have us last year, should break out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back