Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
bring_it_on_matrix.gif
I used to call Watson Jobey Wan or Neo in his prime. The way he gathered the ball and distributed it in traffic made it look like he had matrix time.

orco

Debutant
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Needs to throw hooker back to preserve percentage. If they brought fridge in forward, would have been ideal setup. Then get green or Colyer to tag Betts.

Jan 10, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Needs to throw hooker back to preserve percentage. If they brought fridge in forward, would have been ideal setup. Then get green or Colyer to tag Betts.
Hope the players are not taking a defeatist attitude into this game.

Bookies have Essendon reasonably tight at $3.65. They are expecting a 25 point margin.

Parish2McGrath

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Their midfield really isn't that good - better than ours but hardly a class above.

Just sit on Sloane. Annoy him. Niggle him. Time to stand up for our colours. Brad and Matt Crouch are OK but no better than Zaharakis and Parish.

We can do this but I just can't fathom how our coaches would let Sloane free. His influence is the single most important determining factor to tonight' game.

Teflon Dons

Club Legend
May 21, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Flint Tropics
Their midfield really isn't that good - better than ours but hardly a class above.

Just sit on Sloane. Annoy him. Niggle him. Time to stand up for our colours. Brad and Matt Crouch are OK but no better than Zaharakis and Parish.

We can do this but I just can't fathom how our coaches would let Sloane free. His influence is the single most important determining factor to tonight' game.

Matt Crouch is a sneaky chance for the Brownlow now... bit better than ok

I am going to be mightily pissed if we let Sloane run free. Still think Bird should have played ahead of Howlett for that reason alone.

We let Zorko run free I want to see us learn from our mistakes, maybe Goddard can get the job on him.

Also I just did the ladder predictor and tonight is almost a must win sadly.

To be fair those Crouch boys are bloody good players

Jan 10, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I am going to be mightily pissed if we let Sloane run free. Still think Bird should have played ahead of Howlett for that reason alone.

We let Zorko run free I want to see us learn from our mistakes, maybe Goddard can get the job on him.

Also I just did the ladder predictor and tonight is almost a must win sadly.
Re your ladder predictor, if we lose, which team will replace us in the 8?

Agree about Sloane, Zorko, Rich etc. Howlett went ok on Murphy. Don't think Goddard has the word tag in his dictionary.

Re your ladder predictor, if we lose, which team will replace us in the 8?

Agree about Sloane, Zorko, Rich etc. Howlett went ok on Murphy. Don't think Goddard has the word tag in his dictionary.

Melbourne. But if saints can beat them I think we are in.

Goddard tagged Pendles this year and JPK late in the game

Laverde2Smack

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon

Crouch is in all Australian form and has been better than Sloane. Class above Zaka and Parish .

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Obviously this is a revised gameplan/structure from Woosh.

IF it doesn't work and we are leaking goals due to marks inside their forward 50, MAYBE we will see Hooker go down back.

But there's no way that it's the intention for this game.

We simply have to win it in the middle.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Being defensive to lose by less is the worst possible thing you could do to preserve percentage. A 130 to 90 point loss is far better than a 80 to 40 point loss.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Melbourne. But if saints can beat them I think we are in.

Goddard tagged Pendles this year and JPK late in the game
Yep. Goddard's tag on Kennedy got us back into the game... before that kick. My concern, same as everybody's, is how much run and how many goals we lose without Raz, and how much accurate distribution we lose without Zerrett. I'd just as soon see Kelly tag Sloane and get Goddard to step up and distribute more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back