Preview Essendon Vs Brisbane Lions Sunday, July 24, 1.10pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to watch the first few minutes than retire to the bar behind the goals. I will have my hand knitted jumper and 40 year old beanie on. All are welcome to join.

Could people come in and tell me the scores every so often?

If we lose this, especially by a lot, then what?

Archie being upgraded.
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-07-19/archie-upgraded

Good on him but l think it's all getting a bit silly now. There are players this season who havent deserved to be called up to senior action and clearly havent been ready. It's almost like Leppa is upgrading all these players so he has an excuse for his losses.

If Archie plays ahead of West would that confirm tanking?

I think it would be the right decision but I'm at ease with this club being totally uncompetitive each week.

Understand the sentiment but never in my life could I bring myself to cheer for the team playing Brissy.

I'm sure you guys have had losses you have been happy with. Like I was happy with how GC played richmond and hawthorn this year. I feel the best result for Brisbane long term is a 1 point loss

tbh Brisbane need the loss, the no. 1 draft pick is more valuable than a bit of false hope

I think the players and fans and anybody else associated with the club needs a win. Pick 1 or 2 means SFA.

tbh Brisbane need the loss, the no. 1 draft pick is more valuable than a bit of false hope

The Number 1 pick is not valuable. A win for this club is much more important at this stage.

The Number 1 pick is not valuable. A win for this club is much more important at this stage.

I guess short term, a win helps boost attendance to games, if brisbane get the no.1 draft pick, and with injured players coming back next year there will be a lot of hope for next year

I guess short term, a win helps boost attendance to games, if brisbane get the no.1 draft pick, and with injured players coming back next year there will be a lot of hope for next year

There's still a very good chance especially in this draft that who we select with pick 2 we would have selected with pick 1 given how even this draft supposedly is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking at 1 instead of 2 doesn't give us any extra hope at all. I don't know why you think that would be the case. A really odd way of looking at it.

Picking at 1 instead of 2 doesn't give us any extra hope at all. I don't know why you think that would be the case. A really odd way of looking at it.

Would have thought Suns fans would know that a bunch of very high draft picks doesn't necessarily mean all that much.

Not even about that at this stage. A win would be like a twitching finger from a comatose patient; a sign of life. This season/team is dead. We want to see a pulse.

Would have thought Suns fans would know that a bunch of very high draft picks doesn't necessarily mean all that much.

It doesn't mean much if they arent playing, O'Meara, Swallow not playing with Prestia out and many other high draft picks injured is whats killing the Suns. GC's list isnt a [problem, but Brisbane's is

I think it would be the right decision but I'm at ease with this club being totally uncompetitive each week.

Nah, West has been ok but not great. There would've been a fair chance we'd have seen Archie at some point anyway given we know what West offers now.

Nah, West has been ok but not great. There would've been a fair chance we'd have seen Archie at some point anyway given we know what West offers now.

Just a coincidence it could happen in our most winnable game of the season?

I'd back West to play better than Archie this week 9 times out of ten.

I don't have an issue with it but for me it would be a sign that winning isn't a priority.

We're going to have to make a decision regarding Archie this season. He has to come off the rookie list and if we want to keep him, either need to elevate or re-draft him as a rookie. Might as well see if he's improved enough to be worth persisting with at AFL level, or we go another direction.

Finished exams so it'll be my first game of the year I'm going to. I wonder what the Pokemon are like at Etihad.

It's a no from me, we are the worst team in the competition and we deserve to finish last.

If we were reasonably competitive in more than a handful of games then I would think it's a possibility that we're tanking. We don't know how to get two handballs to hit the target in a row, can't see us being able to lose a game on purpose.

We are giving pretty much anyone a game now but so do a lot of teams in the bottom 4 at this time of year.

Don't understand this mentality. Anyway, the way we are going we would set out to tank and win. For some reason when thinking of the game this tune comes to mind (the title of the movie is irrelevant). I predict a 0-0 draw.

why does Dan Merrett have filthy, filthy hands...???

9IhfqqcGvvDJxuk6tSG82Ub9Ix90iD-YtMF9BYofy12_Yqhv_pBSbcxlsGsHDxlkyb8qmJRp8htDF0hlAeB9zMvRE3367shQz76xEK_mpVjYg6yhbNARx87BX8q9-ipZyjQaEDvVTWo8_itKYbnMJ-sPd9BWQtRYtVss-9vZlORGDSd4VTzZ_Pbi5vBLk8XzCWh3v-2QM50dXjO6QzJO-f0no5Naom_CSckrG0-N67LPKxhSy_PUtEfgTyJassJ32iHltP511ivhU5BrlcBscXNSacCxanTVG-8=w499-h270-nc

Archie being upgraded.
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-07-19/archie-upgraded

Good on him but l think it's all getting a bit silly now. There are players this season who havent deserved to be called up to senior action and clearly havent been ready. It's almost like Leppa is upgrading all these players so he has an excuse for his losses.

That's what it is.

"I mean how many first gamers is that now.. 24 thousand?.. yeah? well what do you expect really.. they are kids?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back