Preview Essendon Vs Brisbane Lions Sunday, July 24, 1.10pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bastinac is sick going by his Instagram

That may explain his complete inability to get anywhere near the pill on Saturday, and when, accidentally he did occasionally get a kick, bomb it short, high and inaccurately- ie, as per.

Question 1- how the hell do we keep picking these duds up;and Question 2- how the hell do they keep getting a game? I know, I know- lack of viable options. Like whose fault is that?

I've said it before- for an "inside" player Bastinac is about the most soft outside I've seen.

One other thing- if, if Jansen is going to make it he needs a good kick in the ring. Not much good having a strong, powerful body if you play like a pussycat. Crack in son, crack in. Leave a few behind in your wake.

I hope Dawson stays down back and builds his game around intercept marking and distributing the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close, Robbo and Clayton were my best for the Ressies, as viewed from the four quarters of video (posted on the lions web site) of the match against the Giants. None of these are even named as an emergency.

Would someone who follows the Ressies closely (no pun intended) care to comment?

Looks like Paines cards are marked. Not sure what Robbo has to do to get a game been consistently in the bests.

Looks like Paines cards are marked. Not sure what Robbo has to do to get a game been consistently in the bests.

I think Gardiner has his spot and fair enough too.

Dont know about that, he has missed a lot of footy and still coming back this year. Plus I feel he is pretty popular around the club and still learning down back, IMO he should get another year.

As i have said before I would be getting games into Robbo.

Polkinghorne & Sam Michael both named on extended bench but I dont think either will play.
I reckon our team will look more like;-

Francis Hartley Dea
Dempsey Ambrose Gleeson
Goddard Bird Cooney
Laverde Daniher Parish
Fantasia Brown Tippa

Leuenberger Zakka Z.Merrett

Bench from: Kelly Langford Hams McKernan

Daniher, Fantasia, Zakka & Z.Merrett the players I'd think Leppa will be trying to shut down - if you can minimize the impact of these 4 it will go a long way towards you winning (and us getting number 1 draft pick!)

He should of been tried as an inside mid imo. He was always going to be too small and too slow to do anything as a key defender at AFL level imo. He'll now go back to VFL or country footy and kick a million goals.

I actually think Brisbane will win. They have better players and have a lot more incentive to win than Essendon

That may explain his complete inability to get anywhere near the pill on Saturday, and when, accidentally he did occasionally get a kick, bomb it short, high and inaccurately- ie, as per.

Question 1- how the hell do we keep picking these duds up;and Question 2- how the hell do they keep getting a game? I know, I know- lack of viable options. Like whose fault is that?

I've said it before- for an "inside" player Bastinac is about the most soft outside I've seen.

One other thing- if, if Jansen is going to make it he needs a good kick in the ring. Not much good having a strong, powerful body if you play like a pussycat. Crack in son, crack in. Leave a few behind in your wake.

Because we don't trade anyone out worth a damn and are content to trade 2nd and 3rd round picks for the 23rd best player from other clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back