Preview Essendon vs Carlton, MCG, Saturday 05/08/17 @ 2:10 PM

Winner, winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see another ruckman named for them, not even an emergency. Who has been providing relief/backup for Kreuzer? Casboult? Do they have another listed ruckman playing VFL who they would have named as an emergency if Kreuzer was in doubt? I think Phillips is injured.

Edit: Matthew Korchek (US rookie) plays 1st ruck in their VFL team. When we played them in the VFL Harry McKay played backup ruckman, so if Kreuzer was doubtful, you would think McKay would have been named at least as an emergency to play either ruck, or forward and ruck relief for Casboult.

So, all up, seems unlikely that Kreuzer is in doubt.
Teams have gone with unrecognized ruckman before this season. They could bring in Jaksch and alternate between Casboult and Jaksch.

Poor Fletch. You could tell he was hating doing that, especially talking about his lap of honour!
I kept trying to ask him about his boy.

campaigner just talked over me. Rude.

I have it from a good source that someone at Visy Park mixed up the 'delistings' paperwork with the 'Round 20: Ins' paperwork.
  • Dennis Armfield
  • Blaine Boekhorst
  • Jarrod Pickett
  • Billie Smedts
It's called window dressing. They're shopping some of them around.

Like the INS, how Myers keeps getting a run is beyond me...

We suck on the inside and desperately need big bodied mids

Last 3 games:

Contested Possessions:
1. D. Myers 36
2. Z. Merrett 33
3. D. Heppell 32

Clearances:
1. Z. Merrett 16
2. D. Heppell 15
3. D. Myers 14

We suck on the inside and desperately need big bodied mids

Last 3 games:

Contested Possessions:
1. D. Myers 36
2. Z. Merrett 33
3. D. Heppell 32

Clearances:
1. Z. Merrett 16
2. D. Heppell 15
3. D. Myers 14
Yeah the contested possessions in particular highlight why Myers has to stay in.
If Myers week in week out used the ball better I don't think people would be complaining about him as much as they currently are.

If we lose our this game given all that we have at stake, we do not deserve to be a finals contender. This game should really be a performance booster for us. Gibbs has had 30+ possessions against us in the last 3 times we have played them. Please tag him.
If we lose this game deserve won't come into it as the season will be finished in terms of making finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see another ruckman named for them, not even an emergency. Who has been providing relief/backup for Kreuzer? Casboult? Do they have another listed ruckman playing VFL who they would have named as an emergency if Kreuzer was in doubt? I think Phillips is injured.

Edit: Matthew Korchek (US rookie) plays 1st ruck in their VFL team. When we played them in the VFL Harry McKay played backup ruckman, so if Kreuzer was doubtful, you would think McKay would have been named at least as an emergency to play either ruck, or forward and ruck relief for Casboult.

So, all up, seems unlikely that Kreuzer is in doubt.

No back up ruck left, so they'll wheel Kruezer out Weekend at Bernie's style...

v1.bjsxODE0Njk7ajsxNzQxNzsxMjAwOzIwNDg7MTUzNg

Sorry to say folks but I'm still convinced Carlton will finish our season tomorrow. I went over to the Carlton board and it is all doom and gloom. Apparently in terrible form lately and a number injuries. This is the exact side the bombers can't beat. Why oh why couldn't they come off month or more of solid form and be talking up their chances of sneaking into the finals.

Just got a call from Dustin Fletcher!

Ok it was just one of those automated calls the Club does from time to time.... phone number ends in 2000 for those who normally don't answer unknown numbers.

I got that call too (though it did come up as Essendon football club not unknown) but I said hello and nobody replied. So I hung up. Spewing to find out it was Fletch.

I got that call too (though it did come up as Essendon football club not unknown) but I said hello and nobody replied. So I hung up. Spewing to find out it was Fletch.

It was a recorded message

It was a recorded message

Yes, but from Fletch. We aren't talking about a recorded message saying i need too call my financial institution ASAP because I haven't paid my car loan. Fletch!!!

Yes, but from Fletch. We aren't talking about a recorded message saying i need too call my financial institution ASAP because I haven't paid my car loan. Fletch!!!

Ah true that.

Just a side story on Fletch that no one but myself may be interested in.

Against Port I took my eldest daughter who hasn't seen or followed the Bombers for while. At halftime we were talking about some retired players and Fletch in particular. Next minute, the Bomber TV crew turn up on Level 2 next to where we were seated and up pops ....guess who....Fletch!! Looked at my daughter and we're thinking WTF! Ends up presenting a cupcake to a girl right in front of us to celebrate her birthday. We got our mugs on the big screen. Anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back