Not open for further replies.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Rest Hooker, Fantasia and Heppell. No risks going into finals. I'm not saying go full Ross Lyon but anybody with a niggle has a rest.

Out: Heppell (rest), Fantasia (rest), Zaharakis (inj)
In: Clarke, Begley, Mynott

Francis (WHE) - Zerk-Thatcher (Roughead) - Saad (Elliott)
McKenna (Varcoe) - Hurley (Mihocek) - Gleeson (Thomas)
Langford - Clarke (Treloar) - Ham
Begley (Crisp) - Brown (Madgen) - Parish (Greenwood)
Walla (Maynard) - McKernan (Scharenberg) - Stringer (Howe)
Clarke - Ambrose (Pendlebury) - Heppell
Shiel - Redman - McGrath - Merrett
Your in's and out's are EXACTLY what I would go with as well. My only difference with your team would be to put Langford forward pocket. Otherwise, spot on.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
All these people saying mass rests are needed - there is a week off after this game.
There is, and there are 3 players (close to our 3 most important players) who are barely going despite already having multiple weeks off previously. One week isn't enough for these guys, more likely a full preseason is what's needed, but they'll surely appreciate the extra week.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
All these people saying mass rests are needed - there is a week off after this game.

Absolutely but this is an opportunity to let someone like Hooker to take the full weeks while letting a young one in Thatchy experience a large MCG crowd.

If we were at risk of missing the eight or a chance of making the top four I would be wanting the best 22 on the park.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Nothing to play for?
We are playing Collingwood.
That's enough in itself.

It is not a case of nothing to play for as we could be playing Collingwood in week 1 and beating Eddie is always worth it but we have two or three guys that are nowhere near 100% and an extra week off might help them, it also gives a few of the kids like Thatch another run around.

Our situation reminds me of the dogs on 2016. They had half their team out leading up to the finals but got a heap back with the week off. Not saying we’ll go on and win the flag, but I can definitely see us winning in week 1.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Could be total bollicks but just heard that possibly up to a dozen guys has gastro before the dogs game. Apparently came from club insiders and that Mckernan and Clarke were still effected game day. Kinda makes sense. Either that or a smoke screen. Or just bullshit.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Rest Hooker, Fantasia and Heppell. No risks going into finals. I'm not saying go full Ross Lyon but anybody with a niggle has a rest.

Out: Heppell (rest), Fantasia (rest), Zaharakis (inj)
In: Clarke, Begley, Mynott

Francis (WHE) - Zerk-Thatcher (Roughead) - Saad (Elliott)
McKenna (Varcoe) - Hurley (Mihocek) - Gleeson (Thomas)
Mynott - Clarke (Treloar) - Ham
Begley (Crisp) - Brown (Madgen) - Langford (Greenwood)
Walla (Maynard) - McKernan (Scharenberg) - Stringer (Howe)
Clarke - Ambrose (Pendlebury) - Parish
Shiel - Redman - McGrath - Merrett
Like the ins/outs logic - you've named Heppell on the ground though.

Prefer Parish onball, Langford forward.

Like the ins/outs logic - you've named Heppell on the ground though.

Though prefer Parish onball, Langford forward.
Parish is better on ball, Langford better on a wing to use his skills. Heppell should be Mynott obviously.

Honestly people it's quibbling over nothing.

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
If dogs lose today we have locked in 7th. Would go full rd 23 ross lyon and rest anyone who has a sniff of a niggle

It’s unlikey but possible Gold Coast could upset GWS. Due for a win, last game at home, GWS look shot. Suns almost beat us remember. Not impossible by any means.

Everyone is saying there is nothing to play for, but Gee, you’d hate to rest players and lose narrowly only for GWS to lose.

Could be total bollicks but just heard that possibly up to a dozen guys has gastro before the dogs game. Apparently came from club insiders and that Mckernan and Clarke were still effected game day. Kinda makes sense. Either that or a smoke screen. Or just bulls**t.
If that was true they would not have let near the healthy players. Probably supporters making excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back