Not open for further replies.

artichokeHearts

When they met it was.....
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Maybe you could become a The West Coast supporter then and enjoy being the reigning premiers even though Collingwood should have won.

sacrilege
i couldn't do that mate
Essendon was the first team and only team i have supported...lets see
for nearly 33 years and 3 weeks now

*edited the years

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
When I was around 15 I used to go to every game, id sit in the same seats behind the goals at the g with mates. I'd always see this same guy maybe in his late 20s, sitting alone, same seat, every week rain hail or shine, rocking back and forth, clasping his hands and ferociously rubbing them inside out each other in a nervy like maneuver for the entire game. I kind of felt for him, footy was clearly everything to him.

since those times Ive fell in and out of love with footy a many times, travelled the world, had a family, done this and that...

I was at the g last week for the country game, decided to sit behind the goals with my daughter - who did I see in the same seat? by himself, rocking back and forth, clasping hands?

...but he looked different, looked like he had been thru 3 world wars, a marathon 5 setter at Roland Garros vs Nadal, 12 rounds with Tyson, he looked beat. This club has put him right thru the ringer

but hes still there, most probably has never left.

I hope we win this week for him.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
They were offering 25 double-passes for free yesterday. Between our crap form, an interstate team, Melbourne Beer Week (lots of things to do around town) and it being election night it's a fair bit it will be a small crowd

Well, if we lose at least I get to see Anthony Green try to work out technology on the ABC that night

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
When I was around 15 I used to go to every game, id sit in the same seats behind the goals at the g with mates. I'd always see this same guy maybe in his late 20s, sitting alone, same seat, every week rain hail or shine, rocking back and forth, clasping his hands and ferociously rubbing them inside out each other in a nervy like maneuver for the entire game. I kind of felt for him, footy was clearly everything to him.

since those times Ive fell in and out of love with footy a many times, travelled the world, had a family, done this and that...

I was at the g last week for the country game, decided to sit behind the goals with my daughter - who did I see in the same seat? by himself, rocking back and forth, clasping hands?

...but he looked different, looked like he had been thru 3 world wars, a marathon 5 setter at Roland Garros vs Nadal, 12 rounds with Tyson, he looked beat. This club has put him right thru the ringer

Lmao

Mate you should call SEN with this story, you'd win a Bertocchi ham

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important

It was good to see you too. I would've said hi but I was focused on something else at the time.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but I think you've aged a bit since then too

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

I used to sit near a guy we referred to as "carrots" because of his curly red hair. He used to say "yesss" alot. And if a player or umpire stuffed up he would call them a dingus.

He always used to come back from the breaks with 2 pies and 2 bourbon and cokes. First time i sat there he accidentally squeezed sauce on my arm and didn't react.

If we win this week i hope it'll be in spite of carrots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could imagine a certain poster on here

artichokeHearts

When they met it was.....
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
OK guys lets calm down...
I will get this back onto track. How can the bombers exploit the Dockers midfield run? :)

slowing down Reece Conca from combining with Bradley Hill to break out off the center
more bombers to quickly move in defence
and not charge at goal
settle and find some confidence and go forward with the possession

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Say hello to me next time..lol

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
This game feels like a tipping point - feel like the club has to respond to a loss in some sort of meaningful way. And I don’t mean by playing well the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back