Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realistically Mcneice has obviously done something on feild or training over and above Ridley. It's a cute idea but I doubt the match committee 'play favourites'. It's a professional sport you'd think. Bags was dropped, Myers was dropped. McNiece showed some dash when he was in his first few games and has spent a bunch of time developing in the vfl. I don't mind him getting a run if they think he's earned it.

**** ME SWINGING.

Why Mark Baguley? WHY!?!??!!!?!!!??!?!?!?!! PLAY THE ******* KIDS

It's our misunderstanding of what a pressure forward is.

His role is to put pressure on the rest of his team mates as a result of his incompetence.

The idea that Ham is not able to run around like a headless hook is beyond my ability to compute.

Last edited:
I would have David Myers, Mark Baguley and Kyle Langford as a few unselectable any more this year unless something extraordinary happens.

Begley doesn't seem ready. McNeice meh.

The 5 guys we've brought in have questionable running capacity. Interesting times.

McNeice in suggests McKenna will play mid. Will be interesting to see how he goes - I like it in theory. He’s probably the best runner at the club and we lack a little run in midfield.
I called for him to go in there in the pre season, he’s a unit, skilled, good mark, tough, backs himself and kicks goals when he gets up the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it, the Sydney loss was the equivalent to last year's Carlton loss. If I recall correctly, we made 5 changes to the team after that loss and look how we played for the rest of the year.

This year we are starting a game earlier and with an extra win on the board. Seeing as how we were out of the 8 by a game last year, Woosha has plans for us to go 11-4 and make finals this year. Get it done Woosha.

a bit disappointed no Ridley
encouraged by Langford
i will go for the 2 points a piece
there is always one every season

We've selected a relatively weak side. Baguley is consistently among our weakest players, Begley probably isn't ready just yet, McNiece has never been a strong performer at senior level and Langford's confidence seems shot. This would have to be one of the weaker teams we have selected since the players returned from suspension.

Jeez Freo's 22 is a lot better than ours right now.

wash your face with cold water or have a cold shower........
you are starting to come around now
hello
welcome to our problems
with have many.....
lol

Don’t mind the changes; Baguely was always coming back in with Fantasia out, Langford / Daniher / Begley all in means some fairly big structural changes to how we’d play, McNiece in could mean McKenna plays further up the field.

Interesting to see how we line up I guess, I’d like it to be something like;

Ambrose - Hooker - McNiece
Saad - Hurley - McGrath
McKenna - Heppell - Merrett
Langford - Daniher - Begley
Baguely - Stringer - Tipungwuti

Bellchambers - Shiel - Parish

Zaharakis, Francis, Guelfi, Redman

Play Parish on-ball in Myers place, play Langford as a leading half-forward, same for Begley and Daniher. That forward-line has a lot more movement to it than last week. Play Francis in the backline and push McGrath up the field as we can on offensive plays.

Moving McKenna up the ground and we’re left with pretty much every defender being good by foot, and from memory McNiece is actually a very good kick so maybe he’s an option to take the kick-ins, otherwise Francis when he’s back there. Hurley is far too predictable and Hooker is better as a reliable marking target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back