Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Game day MFer’s.

Pressure their running backs and stopping the run through the corridor is key.

Hogan to have a breakout game and kick 5.

Us by 15-25 points.

Crappy start time :(!
If we can get some run going while maintaining the defensive structures, we can win this.
Need a lot more from the forwards, but in saying that, we need some better entries by the mids!
This could well be a season changing game...lose and we can drop as low as 11th...win and we are a sneaky chance to stay close to the other 8th place challengers!
I for one just want to see a playing a style that shows improvement consistently.
I dont think Essendon applies the same level of defensive pressure and mindset as say Adelaide or Richmond...this may well suit us.
I think we can, I think we can.
Us by 13 points.

Last minute preparations before heading to Marvel...

3 beers preloaded so I don't get fleeced at the stadium - Check.
Scarf - Check.
Hat - Check.
Lucky leopard print underpants - Check.

With the underpants in order, Freo 96, Ess 72.
Also, the beer is homebrew, ordinarily I do english ales, pale ales and stouts, recently trying my hand at wheat beers that up until this last keg - well le'ts politely say that I hadn't mastered wheat beer (30kg of wheat and barley down the track). BUT, I kegged this 4 days ago and it's come up a beauty, I take that as a sign of good things tonight, best that I pour a glass on a footy scarf as homage to the footy gods as I've run out of first born children to ritually sacrifice to them.

Scarf - Check.
Hat - Check.

Also, the beer is homebrew, ordinarily I do english ales, pale ales and stouts, recently trying my hand at wheat beers that up until this last keg - well le'ts politely say that I hadn't mastered wheat beer (30kg of wheat and barley down the track). BUT, I kegged this 4 days ago and it's come up a beauty, I take that as a sign of good things tonight, best that I pour a glass on a footy scarf as homage to the footy gods as I've run out of first born children to ritually sacrifice to them.
Pretty jealous you have the AIBA / Good Beer Week in Melbourne this week. Picked up the Against the Grain Bo & Luke Stout for this evening.

Forwards have to lift. Midfield have to hit the targets. Otherwise Essendon half back wil have a field day. They’ll be playing with a spare defender obviously. Let’s hope we ve worked it out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with our tall and slow fwdline and Essendon's superior speed all over the park i'm a bit worried they'll just run away from us all game. Need to smack them in contested ball, lower the eyes and utilise our height to have a chance.

if anyone's interested these are the changes from last time we played. Fair to say there's some pretty handy ins for both teams

ESSENDON OUTS: Goddard, Smith, Dea, Fantasia, Myers, Brown, Colyer, McKernan
ESSENDON INS: Redman, Ambrose, McKenna, Begley, Shiel, Stringer, Francis, Daniher

FREMANTLE OUTS: Neale, Banfield, Johnson, Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Giro, Darcy McCrafty, Jones
FREMANTLE INS: Hogan, Taberner, Fyfe, Blakely, Lobb, Conca, Brayshaw, Switkowski

Haven't lost in Melbourne this year. I'm positive we can win.

Devon and Fanta Sia out for them is huge.
Fyfe to go big and earn 3 votes to keep up with Cripps and Neale.
Cotchin, Rance, Reiwoldt, Vlaustin, Rioli!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not very confident. I think we're too tall. Not enough speed or skill. If we lose this I think we'll freefall. Be losing 5 in a row, probably 6 with Port after the bye.

However, I'm hoping we turn up obviously.

Sorry for the pessimism! Please prove me wrong. Pleeeaaaase!!!!!

Scarf - Check.
Hat - Check.

Pics of GTFO

no confidence in this game considering its at the MCG, but please just get it done. Give your supporters a little bit of hope.

edit: thought it was at the G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back