Preview Essendon vs GWS, Docklands, Thursday 27/06/19, 7:20 PM

Does Eth mean goals or points in the margin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too early to be thinking about the run home? Guessing we need to win six to be a chance on percentage. I have us losing to Gws, Crows and Pies which means we need to beat Swans, North, Suns, Power, Dogs and Dockers. If it meant making finals we could challenge Pies again last round.

The math says we are 26.45% chance...

*I made that up

Too early to be thinking about the run home? Guessing we need to win six to be a chance on percentage. I have us losing to Gws, Crows and Pies which means we need to beat Swans, North, Suns, Power, Dogs and Dockers. If it meant making finals we could challenge Pies again last round.

*I made that up
I have us having one more game we can lose. Which you'd kinda want up your sleeve come Rd23 and the Pies potentially looking to need a win for a home QF.

Crows in SA. Dockers in WA.
Dogs are a bogey team.
We travel to play the Suns, and it would be typical Essington to muck that one up

Finals are gone.

Time to prep for 2020.
Stringer, Ridley & Francis in.
Guelfi, Brown and Smack out.

Get Zaka his 200th, then out for Guelfi for the remainder of the season.

Ridley Hooker Ambrose
Redman Hurley Saad
McGrath Parish Merrett
Langford Francis Laverde
Fantasia Stringer Tippa
TBC Shiel Heppell
Clarke McKenna Zaka Begley

*I made that up
History suggests we’re up against it. Unless we pull off some consistency we’ve never shown under Woosha or the sides around us collapse, season is done.

We were 6-7 at this point last year as well. Still lost crucial games to miss out.

If we beat the Crows and Collingwood, we’ll make it up by losing to Sydney and Bulldogs.

It's all fairly simple isn't it, lose this one & we're proper done, win it & we're still an outsiders chance of falling in.

Currently this isn't a squad that has the ability or confidence to go on a long unbeaten run, that much is evident and has been for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll win this & the following two, get ourselves in the 8 & then get smacked in Adelaide & tumble back out, nothing surer.

I take that back....we don’t beat GWS without Stringer, esp given how pitiful Brown & Smack were.

I thought the purpose of resting him last week was so he was cherry ripe for Thursday?? Scans revealed no damage, so what’s actually the problem??

Teflon Raz app sore & in doubt too. FMD

Finals chances rest on this game. It’s that simple.

In the past few years in any game that has been ‘must win’ against a good side we simply have not turned up.

Can’t keep playing the same players and hope for a different result. Need to omit a couple to wake up some passengers

How was Raz sore going into the game?? From what? He’d missed the previous month ffs!! And if he wasn’t good to go why risk him??

Sometimes you need to hedge your bets, meaning the smarter play would’ve been to hold him back for the stretch of upcoming games at home which are more winnable.

Just got to box smarter as a club.

No forward line whatsoever. Smack and Brown are not good enough as 1 & 2.

Thank god this is in Melb or we would be losing by even more than the 72 in round 1.

Mingma in for sore Guelfi. Francis in for Fantasia and plays back. Hooker forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back