Preview Essendon vs Hawthorne, Docklands, Friday 14/06/19, 7:50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love that we've got multiple ultra-competitive aggressive/physical players playing on every line. Something Essendon teams in recent years have been lacking.

Everyone in that forward line, bar maybe Walla, all have a hot-headed streak in them. Looking forward to tonight!

Speculation on the Hawthorne board is that Brand will play forward. Brand hasn't kicked a goal in the AFL, ever, and has kicked 1 goal in the past 3 years in the VFL.

Love that we've got multiple ultra-competitive aggressive/physical players playing on every line. Something Essendon teams in recent years have been lacking.

Everyone in that forward line, bar maybe Walla, all have a hot-headed streak in them. Looking forward to tonight!

Want tounge out/arms in the air Stringer tonight

The forward matchups leave us with an advantage on the ground but small against Sicily/Frawley/Stratton/O'Brien.
Feel like game will come down to how much pressure the Hawks put on us in the midfield.
If they make us bomb it long, we'll struggle.
If we can find space on the outside Razz and AMT could kick 4 each.

Speculation on the Hawthorne board is that Brand will play forward. Brand hasn't kicked a goal in the AFL, ever, and has kicked 1 goal in the past 3 years in the VFL.
Doesn’t the North board have a thread named after Sam Kerridge who was an unknown-nobody when he tore North a new one in a game for Adelaide some years back? I think they nominate a player weekly to win the Kerridge award against them.

Let’s not give reason for such a nufty thread to appear on this board.

Doesn’t the North board have a thread named after Sam Kerridge who was an unknown-nobody when he tore North a new one in a game for Adelaide some years back? I think they nominate a player weekly to win the Kerridge award against them.

Let’s not give reason for such a nufty thread to appear on this board.

the Mark McCough medal.

The forward matchups leave us with an advantage on the ground but small against Sicily/Frawley/Stratton/O'Brien.
Feel like game will come down to how much pressure the Hawks put on us in the midfield.
If they make us bomb it long, we'll struggle.
If we can find space on the outside Razz and AMT could kick 4 each.
Frawley vs McKernan (193/96 vs 196/100)
O'Brien vs Stringer (193/88 vs 192/92)
Stratton vs Begley (189/88 vs 188/89)
Sicily vs Laverde (186/85 vs 191/90)
Hardwick vs Fantasia (181/79 vs 177/79)
Burgoyne vs Walla (186/89 vs 171/79)

Those are pretty similar except for the major heigh difference between Frawley/Smack and surprisingly Sicily/Laverde.

Frawley vs McKernan (193/96 vs 196/100)
O'Brien vs Stringer (193/88 vs 192/92)
Stratton vs Begley (189/88 vs 188/89)
Sicily vs Laverde (186/85 vs 191/90)
Hardwick vs Fantasia (181/79 vs 177/79)
Burgoyne vs Walla (186/89 vs 171/79)

Those are pretty similar except for the major heigh difference between Frawley/Smack and surprisingly Sicily/Laverde.
They've got a lack of pace in the backline.
We can take advantage like the pies did against the dees on Monday with Stephenson and WHE.
Guess what i'm saying is I feel like AMT and Fanta are the keys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, yes and furthermore yes
Particularly against the Hawks

So you're saying this is the nobody that will pop up and kick 5 against us?
Pretty much
They've got a lack of pace in the backline.
We can take advantage like the pies did against the dees on Monday with Stephenson and WHE.
Guess what i'm saying is I feel like AMT and Fanta are the keys.
And their skills under pressure aren't great either.

I suspect Sicily might play forward, and Brand plays in defence. Is there a match up for Hurley from Hawthorn's listed Forward 6? Suspect Ambrose goes to Gunston, Hooker to the resting ruck, and Redman to Bruest, leaving Hurley the odd man out.

I suspect Sicily might play forward, and Brand plays in defence. Is there a match up for Hurley from Hawthorn's listed Forward 6? Suspect Ambrose goes to Gunston, Hooker to the resting ruck, and Redman to Bruest, leaving Hurley the odd man out.
Whichever defender they put forward I suspect. Hooker to Ceglar/McEvoy as well. Brand only has one obvious match up in Smack but I suspect Frawley goes to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back