Not open for further replies.

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Talent wise we are the better team. For a raft of reasons others will find excuses for we will lose...again

We win and we’re just a game off fifth.
and a loss has us a game away from 15th.... It is an important week coming up as we can inch closer to the losers of Rich v Adel and Freo v Port.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Reckon we win this quite comfortably as long as we maintain existing team balance.

Lots of improvements to be made to the team which carrief McNiece, Guelfi (who in fairness is the only guy whose kicking efficiency is properly measured by CD) and Baguley.

You'd think Ridley could play the utility role. Fantasia could work as a "pressure forward". Appreciate Shiel for McNeice is not like for like but McNiece has been selected as an extra defender and isnt necessary anyway.

Team v Carlton + Ridley, Shiel and Fantasia is a very good team.

Stringer strikes me as the furthest from fitness. He'd come in for Francis.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Hawks trying to imbibe the spirit of the Line in the Sand game.

Not one has posted the result.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.40.57 am.png

'at the moment' and 'this season' are two different parameters..

considering our last 5 scores in no particular order have been 72, 54, 60, 50, 74

I think the math stands up!
What about the 3 before that?

We can absolutely do it across 2 weeks at the moment. Especially since if we did it right now we'd turn up to no opposition and challenge Campbells Creeks record.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Good old John driving the journos batty as usual...

Get up to much on your break?

Mind your own business.

Excited to be playing Friday night?

Just as excited as if it were Saturday afternoon.

Why even bother asking. Can't decide if I love it or find it frustrating.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Mind your own business.

I love Jürgen Klopp. And he is the polar opposite of Worsfold. So, I guess that would explain my thinking on it.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Mind your own business.

I'm with Woosha, ask decent questions and I might answer

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Mind your own business.

Did someone reference this being an 8 point game? He loves to tell them it's actually worth 4 points.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Snelling ahead of Langford and even Zaka! You’re clueless
The victory over Carlton has put a bandaid on a broken leg.

What Kelvin has suggested won’t happen because of said bandaid but I don’t think that means Kelvin is clueless. Langford and Zaharakis have been horrible or meh for 90% of this season.

You would think they brought Snelling into the club with the idea of playing him at some point to see whether he can make the next step or not.

The victory over Carlton has put a bandaid on a broken leg.

What Kelvin has suggested won’t happen because of said bandaid but I don’t think that means Kelvin is clueless. Langford and Zaharakis have been horrible or meh for 90% of this season.

You would think they brought Snelling into the club with the idea of playing him at some point to see whether he can make the next step or not.

Yes and he still needs to prove that he can take that next step. Kelvin mentioned in for the Hawks game. No chance.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking at the big picture, we've got three super important players coming back from injury who may well take a week or two to settle in. This is a game we could so easily lose, which will make our season look like complete garbage. However, if we get through the game without injuries then we may really build from next week on, similar to last year. Lose this week and the west coast game looks unwinnable, but it may not be the case. What a tough run we have from then on though! Every week will test us for next 5 weeks.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Yes and he still needs to prove that he can take that next step. Kelvin mentioned in for the Hawks game. No chance.

I agree for the Hawks game it’s no chance (barring an injury).

If we lose to Hawthorn he could get a start the following game. I’ve no opinion of Snelling as I’ve not seen enough but as I mentioned I think they’ll play him purely to see if he can step up - he may be Brent Prismall mk II, is consistently good at VFL/SANFL, just can’t quite turn into Michael Barlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back