Preview Essendon vs Hawthorne, Docklands, Friday 14/06/19, 7:50 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begley, Langford, Francis out

Fantasia, Shiel, Stringer in

Simple as that

I’m super confident with those in’s after the injury report. We’ve got, “in the mix with boxes to tick”, “expected to be available” and “strong chance”. This joins Stewart’s, “perhaps after the bye” and then not getting a mention and Browns, missed round 10 as a precaution and now ‘should’ be available after another week off.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm a bit disappointed that the coaches seem awfully coy about whether Fantasia will actually be available for the match. I get the impression the quad wasn't quite as minor as they first thought. Originally they were saying he'd be a slight chance to return before the bye, I was pretty sure he wouldn't but I also thought with another 2 weeks after that he'd be a certainty to return for the Hawks match but they are still talking about him returning to full pace and progressing him gradually. We really need him back asap.

At least Shiel is a 'definite' and Stringer is 'very likely' (definitions subject to Essendon injury talk).
If there's any doubt, rest him. We dont want any long term stuff brewing with Fanta

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
The victory over Carlton has put a bandaid on a broken leg.

What Kelvin has suggested won’t happen because of said bandaid but I don’t think that means Kelvin is clueless. Langford and Zaharakis have been horrible or meh for 90% of this season.

You would think they brought Snelling into the club with the idea of playing him at some point to see whether he can make the next step or not.
We will win this by 20+, and make finals

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
You guys reckon the 15km a game Begley covers might be enough to think about him playing Baguley's "role"?

With running power like that Begley might be able to kick 6 JTG goals a week.

Or is he "too tall"?

Don't be stupid. By not being able to keep up with his opponent, Baguley finds himself in space on the turnover leading to the JTGs. It's genius.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I dont think Gleeson has played 1 commanding game that demands his inclusion in the side.

He may be physically ready but I dont see how he would force himself into a side Ridley was dropped from for reasons of team balance.

I dont think Gleeson has played 1 commanding game that demands his inclusion in the side.

He may be physically ready but I dont see how he would force himself into a side Ridley was dropped from for reasons of team balance.
It'd be closer to 10

If hawks roll out the same way they did against GWS we will lose and it won't even be a contest.

I think this game is almost all about hawks. We know how we will play, we know our level. If hawks play their way (and coming off a bye with plenty of time to plan they should) this should end our season.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Zaharakis has been horrible for closer to 100%. Langford though? Not even close.

Kelvin made his mind up. We all know he keeps long grudges.
Langford not even close? He was dropped for poor form, twice. I’m not referring to his last couple of games but his season on the whole. He was only meh against a very shitful Blues outfit.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
If hawks roll out the same way they did against GWS we will lose and it won't even be a contest.

I think this game is almost all about hawks. We know how we will play, we know our level. If hawks play their way (and coming off a bye with plenty of time to plan they should) this should end our season.
You know what level we are going to play at? Thank god someone does! Tell me please, i'm on the edge of my seat wondering whether Shiel, Stringer and Fantsy are going to hit the ground running... If they do, we've got the hawks cold. If they come back sluggish then the balls in the Hawks court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back