Preview Essendon vs Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 29/04/18 @ 1:10 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve started basic visual preparation to watch the the potential horror show - Bags on Melksham.

Just little things. Jake out-marking, goal celebrations that kind of thing. It’s uncomfortable but I owe it to myself to soften it somehow.

I’d probably hold off any bragging re Stringer. He had one decent game where he kicked 2 awesome goals and had 2 other gimmes, and several terrible games.

Also hit the post, missed one he should have got, and had a free that Green wasted. Could have kicked 6-7 against Port.

Should have had three against Pies with rubbish service.

No point having a 3rd tall froward that isn't a contested marking threat. Langford absolutely squibs it in pack marking situations.

Don’t know about that. In 2016 against Dees took a crucial one on one mark with heavy pressure, then did same against Blues late in the year. He’s also ok leading up the ground. He’ll make a decent one day, probably not for us though.

I thought with Myers out and Clarke not picked he’d be given another go in the mid, hoping he could reproduce his very good performance against Crows.

Don’t know about that. In 2016 against Dees took a crucial one on one mark with heavy pressure, then did same against Blues late in the year. He’s also ok leading up the ground. He’ll make a decent one day, probably not for us though.

I thought with Myers out and Clarke not picked he’d be given another go in the mid, hoping he could reproduce his very good performance against Crows.
He absolutely hates the contact (getting better at taking it on ground level however). What made him effective in his u18 year was the combination of acceleration and agility he had which would give him a heap of separation when leading. 18kg later and he can barely make it out of a jog these days.

Mind games.

To make it look like we have a plan B
The industry has moved beyond the smoke and mirrors of the 1980s. We all know that Zach Merrett is an automatic first-choice on-baller and that his brother should be replaced by Tony Buhagiar in the team, yet there Jackson is, named as first rover while Zach is left in desolation on the bench. They’re fooling no-one with that s**t. All it is doing is making a mockery out of the teamsheet release.

But seriously what are they trying to prove by constantly having our teamsheet with players out of position?

Are they simply taking the piss and mocking the whole concept of team selection releases? Bizarre.

The industry has moved beyond the smoke and mirrors of the 1980s. We all know that Zach Merrett is an automatic first-choice on-baller and that his brother should be replaced by Tony Buhagiar in the team, yet there Jackson is, named as first rover while Zach is left in desolation on the bench. They’re fooling no-one with that s**t. All it is doing is making a mockery out of the teamsheet release.

So what they need is to all get the short back and sides haircuts, shave the facial hair, lodge a proper teamsheet and we’ll be fixed?

I am shattered about Langford - so * you Bunk Moreland :)

But to be honest, ICGAF about the selctions...

When your mates have been bagging you about the talked up list, when Kingy tips you as top 4... you get 'that' feeling. The feeling that you're being punked. The feeling of a St.Kilda supporters hope. Deep down. You all know the one.

So you look to the club. You look to the coach and the support staff on how they are going to break the cycle. They play the same cats out there, that just aren't up to it. They've either had their chances, or not lived up to the hype. Everyone knows. But... they keep getting selected. They just keep getting selected.

Coming out of the back line, no one has faith in anyone else. They're all concentrating on getting a game next week. Kick sideways. Kick 20m back. Kick into the back pocket and get further hemmed in. Kick it on top of a smaller players head. 30+ possessions in a 60 point loss at 85% effciency screams easy possessions and soft options. Point fingers. Chest out. Get beaten by 60 points. 15+ years of the same s**t.

Son of a gun. Idolised as the next big thing. Left to develop on his own. Capable of taking a grab to lift the crowd. Not consistant with kicking from any distance. To make sure no break is made to the status quo, don't teach him a thing. No one has the balls to stand up and tell him that his playing behind is wrong. No one to tell him his ball drop is wrong. No one to tell him his leading pattern is horribly wrong. Let him develop 'naturally'. Honestly, he would further his career 100 times better outside of the Essendon system. 100 times.

We're not up to it. In fact, we're not even anywhere near it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Son of a gun. Idolised as the next big thing. Left to develop on his own. Capable of taking a grab to lift the crowd. Not consistant with kicking from any distance. To make sure no break is made to the status quo, don't teach him a thing. No one has the balls to stand up and tell him that his playing behind is wrong. No one to tell him his ball drop is wrong. No one to tell him his leading pattern is horribly wrong. Let him develop 'naturally'. Honestly, he would further his career 100 times better outside of the Essendon system. 100 times.

We're not up to it. In fact, we're not even anywhere near it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.
BJ.

I am shattered about Langford - so **** you Bunk Moreland :)

But to be honest, ICGAF about the selctions...

When your mates have been bagging you about the talked up list, when Kingy tips you as top 4... you get 'that' feeling. The feeling that you're being punked. The feeling of a St.Kilda supporters hope. Deep down. You all know the one.

So you look to the club. You look to the coach and the support staff on how they are going to break the cycle. They play the same cats out there, that just aren't up to it. They've either had their chances, or not lived up to the hype. Everyone knows. But... they keep getting selected. They just keep getting selected.

Coming out of the back line, no one has faith in anyone else. They're all concentrating on getting a game next week. Kick sideways. Kick 20m back. Kick into the back pocket and get further hemmed in. Kick it on top of a smaller players head. 30+ possessions in a 60 point loss at 85% effciency screams easy possessions and soft options. Point fingers. Chest out. Get beaten by 60 points. 15+ years of the same s**t.

Nah I get it on Langford. But you’d think we’d made no changes such is the response. Ambrose, Laverde, Mutch and McNiece are good positive ins. I can’t remember the last time I was happy with four changes in one week. Probably never.

As for Daniher, * people have turned on him quickly. He’s developed very well and was awesome last year. A few poor games and it’s all negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I get it on Langford. But you’d think we’d made no changes such is the response. Ambrose, Laverde, Mutch and McNiece are good positive ins. I can’t remember the last time I was happy with four changes in one week. Probably never.

As for Daniher, glory be people have turned on him quickly. He’s developed very well and was awesome last year. A few poor games and it’s all negative.
Not sure about others, but my anger is about Langford only (with regards to selection policy not being the same for all players).

The short turnaround i expected to see bulk changes, before taking into account Wednesday's effort. I think most people would have.

I want everyone dropped. Start the whole club from the bottom draft pick by draft pick.
Call the team Essendon. Have them in a black jumper with a red sash. Give them the nickname Bombers.

Then make a player called Langford the captain so that he can't be dropped.

Hopefully that team can win the NBL Championship

So what they need is to all get the short back and sides haircuts, shave the facial hair, lodge a proper teamsheet and we’ll be fixed?
Mate, don’t get me wrong, I love it. It’s just perplexing that they’d bother doing it at all.

If you knew me you’d know that I prefer the absurd s**t in life. However, I’m intrigued as to who, at a football club, would be given free reign to release nonsense every week. Am I wrong in thinking we’re the only club that does this?

As for Daniher, glory be people have turned on him quickly. He’s developed very well and was awesome last year. A few poor games and it’s all negative.
Let's not forget the quick turnaround forcing multiple changes. It wouldn't happen any other week.

Pissed off that Baguley and Jerrett are still in but don't understand the Langford obsession. I've been willing him to be good ever since he showed such excitement on his draft day but so far he's disappointed more often than not.

Pissed off that Baguley and Jerrett are still in but don't understand the Langford obsession. I've been willing him to be good ever since he showed such excitement on his draft day but so far he's disappointed more often than not.
The guy is averaging 25 touches in the VFL over the past 2 seasons with several 30+ possession games but can't get a look in.

OK, we had a shocker Wednesday. Certainly missing some runners out of the backline & having players injured early didn't help. Can't play all the kids at once unless we want to get beaten by more.

Biggest problem at the moment is turnovers & poor field kicking. That is where we are leaking lots of goals. A missed kick makes us look slow & puts everyone out of position.

So many dummy spits here, it is a game of inches and doesn't take much to go wrong to get beaten on the day. We still have a good spine.

Do like the inclusion of Luey. Belly needs a bit of a wakeup call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back