Preview Round 6: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Carrara, 11/07/2020 @ 7:40PM

Who won't have less points at the end of the game? (Who wins?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please find out what we need to do to get our oppo to be missing key players?... seems every week your oppo drop like flies before your games lmao
Thank you for wasting our time with the same rubbish you post on your own board.

my best mate is an essendon supporter so i follow them quite closely week to week..

this season they have gotten so ******* lucky with their oppo missing key players its becoming a joke

this week, for example, cunnington, higgins, AND ziebell are all out but will ALL be back for us next week lmaooooo

its a ******* joke

Who dropped like a fly for Freo? Sydney?
Carlton lost McKay, we lost Heppell.
Collingwood lost Sidebottom and Howe but regained Treloar, we lost Merrett.

Last edited:
On what basis does he know that they’ll all be back against the Tigers?
Don't try and think like a tiger fan mate, or you'll start think you're everyone's grand final.

Don't try and think like a tiger fan mate, or you'll start think you're everyone's grand final.
I thought we were Norf’s Grand Final?

Thank you for wasting our time with the same rubbish you post on your own board.

Who dropped like a fly for Freo? Sydney?
Carlton lost McKay, we lost Heppell.
Collingwood lost Sidebottom and Howe but regained Treloar, we lost Merrett.

buddy and naismith hammies in the lead up to your game

mckay 1 week injury for your game against blues

ziebell, higgins and cunnington this week

edit: and by the way, as i made clear in an earlier post, im not saying you havent copped similar injuries....... all im saying is its easier to win games even with your outs when the other team is also missing key players

buddy and naismith hammies in the lead up to your game

mckay 1 week injury for your game against blues

ziebell, higgins and cunnington this week
Buddy hasn't played all season so its not like they "lost him" is it? He hasn't been available at all. Naismith? Lol.
McKay I mentioned, alongside the player we lost which you've still not recognised.
Ziebell didnt play last week so how did they "lose him" for us? Cunnington wasn't fit last week and should never have played so they haven't really "lost him" again.

So when it comes down to it your whole argument is

Naismith (lol)
McKay v Heppell
Sidebottom (Cancelled out by Treloar) & Howe (hardly just against us is it) v Merrett
Higgins, maybe Cunnington

Quality stuff mate.

Buddy hasn't played all season so its not like they "lost him" is it? He hasn't been available at all. Naismith? Lol.
McKay I mentioned, alongside the player we lost which you've still not recognised.
Ziebell didnt play last week so how did they "lose him" for us? Cunnington wasn't fit last week and should never have played so they haven't really "lost him" again.

So when it comes down to it your whole argument is

Naismith (lol)
McKay v Heppell
Sidebottom (Cancelled out by Treloar) & Howe (hardly just against us is it) v Merrett
Higgins, maybe Cunnington

Quality stuff mate.

By the Buddy argument we've also lost Daniher too.

******* tigers fans still have PTSD from being sh*t for 40 years.
It's like Hawks fans forgetting they were so s**t they nearly merged with Melbourne.

Who cares if we do get a good run with other teams injuries, we’ve had bad luck with injuries for years. Every team gets a favourable/unlucky run. No one remembers if a team wins a flag (‘99 am exception of course with no Lucas, Hird or Jason Johnson) But gees Daniher, Stringer, Heppell and Ambrose are pretty big for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is from inside sources, but:

Hooker forward isn't the worst idea, but I'd have Hooker on Brown.

Seems like speculation tbh

Seems like speculation tbh
It is speculation. Twomey asked 'would you consider Hooker or Francis forward' and Worsfold's reply was something along the lines of 'we're looking at all the options, Francis isn't cleared to play yet, once we know who is available we'll be in a better position to make a call on what we want to do' as well as something about Stringer being a unique player that's hard to cover or something. So the mention of Francis and Hooker are Twomey's idea, not Worsfold's.

He also mentioned that Joe 'won't be playing this week' when asked about Joe playing in a scratch match, and Stewart is apparently too risky without doing match sim first after he's been out for so long, more likely to do a soft tissue injury or not run out the game.

North is Essendon's New Zealand and also ironically a possible relocation option for them (with logo change of course). The North Island 'xyz's (could be a fun competition for their fan base to workout new brand).
Given how poorly the Roos have done while being called “North” the best solution is probably to call them “South Melb Roos” and play them out of Lake Oval and hope they do everything opposite.

When was the last time we properly smashed a team we were supposed to smash? Maybe Carlton 2014 or 2015? I'm not talking surprise smashings like North and Brisbane last year or Port a couple of years ago.

Percentage is valuable this year with shortened quarters. North are barely hanging on injury-wise so we must show some maturity as a side and go for the kill. We threw away percentage vs Freo, Sydney and Collingwood by letting them back into the game. Can't afford to keep doing that.

When was the last time we properly smashed a team we were supposed to smash? Maybe Carlton 2014 or 2015? I'm not talking surprise smashings like North and Brisbane last year or Port a couple of years ago.

Percentage is valuable this year with shortened quarters. North are barely hanging on injury-wise so we must show some maturity as a side and go for the kill. We threw away percentage vs Freo, Sydney and Collingwood by letting them back into the game. Can't afford to keep doing that.
All of our games have been super close this season. I’d love to watch us beat the dogshit out of a team just for a change. Plus, it’s a lot more relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back