Preview Round 6: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Carrara, 11/07/2020 @ 7:40PM

Who won't have less points at the end of the game? (Who wins?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we properly smashed a team we were supposed to smash? Maybe Carlton 2014 or 2015? I'm not talking surprise smashings like North and Brisbane last year or Port a couple of years ago.

Percentage is valuable this year with shortened quarters. North are barely hanging on injury-wise so we must show some maturity as a side and go for the kill. We threw away percentage vs Freo, Sydney and Collingwood by letting them back into the game. Can't afford to keep doing that.
Just never happens. Would make me very pleased if it did

When was the last time we properly smashed a team we were supposed to smash? Maybe Carlton 2014 or 2015? I'm not talking surprise smashings like North and Brisbane last year or Port a couple of years ago.

Percentage is valuable this year with shortened quarters. North are barely hanging on injury-wise so we must show some maturity as a side and go for the kill. We threw away percentage vs Freo, Sydney and Collingwood by letting them back into the game. Can't afford to keep doing that.

2017 was a pretty decent year. As you mentioned, we beat Port by 70 points.

Also beat the Eagles and Saints by 61 points too!

In my defence, I was only referencing the last time we consistently did it.

I don’t think that will be the case this weekend.

Not having a go at you at all...

We just have a long history, as a supporter group, of expecting a game to pan out a certain way in our favour... for it to never eventuate. Me included.

Take last week for example. 27 point lead at Three Quarter Time in the wet... and I still thought they (Collingwood) would come back and win it due to the mental scarring of 'expectations' through the years. My TV nearly went through the window when they came within 3 points. "Not ******* again!"

Yeah... that's sport for every single team. It just always seems like we get more of those moments than most!

Yep, Zaharakis is going to play 300 games. It's actually going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins and Outs since last time they played:

Essendon INS: Ridley, Ham, Townsend, Smith, Phillips, Snelling and Hibbered

Essendon OUTS: Z Clarke, D Clarke, Brown, Stringer, Redman, Francis and Guelfi

North Melbourne INS: J Walker, Hayden, Higgins, Scott, Mahony, Campbell and Hall

North Melbourne OUTS: Ziebell, Williams, Hrovat, Cunnington, Thompson, Larkey and Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back