Preview Round 6: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Carrara, 11/07/2020 @ 7:40PM

Who won't have less points at the end of the game? (Who wins?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

need to get back to the effort levels we had when Jobe was spewing powerade he was going that hard there (i cant remember if we won or not, im assuming we did back then)
Was there that night, pretty sure it was Fletchers 350th game back 2012. Yes, we won, but not by a lot.

With so many outs for North, I can't see how we lose other than the Essington doppelgangers turning up. Brown's form is bound to turn sooner or later - hoping we contain that. Interested to see Bonar and Simpkin play.

Merrett, McKenna and Francis to come in with Stringer to miss and Jayden Laverde and David Zaharakis, who found only two disposals last week, left out. - Callum Twomey

Come on Cal please be in the know

Merrett, McKenna and Francis to come in with Stringer to miss and Jayden Laverde and David Zaharakis, who found only two disposals last week, left out. - Callum Twomey

That's just his opinion. He said Guelfi was coming in for Merrett last week. Didn't mention anything about Hibberd coming in.

I really hope we don't drop Laverde (a forward) along with Stringer (a forward) only to play a defender (Francis) and a HB (McKenna) forward. That's peak Essendon selection though. Our forwardline is already decimated as it is.

Let's just keep it simple. I'd have it as:

IN: Merrett, McKenna, Francis
OUT: Stringer (inj), Zaharakis, Gleeson.

edit: if it's his opinion then it's as likely to be right or wrong as any other, and often wishful.

If it's info, Cal is not usually wrong on that score, though he may not have the whole story (e.g. predicting Hibberd to debut last week, but not knowing Phillips was also debuting since that announcement/cheer was inside the hangar).

If true, there goes my Laverde theory. Zaka out makes room for a small in the forward line, so I wonder if that means McKenna gets his wish, or if Fantasia's quad has healed well enough to go back to kicking for goal with McKenna off half-back.

There'd still be a spot for a tall in lieu of Stringer, whether that's Begley as a sort of medium or Gown for a debut, or 🤷‍♀️ Stewart is a remote possibility, straight out of iso. Could also be McKenna and Fantasia both forward, and a three-tall defence. Seems less likely though.

If they managed to successfully turn Francis into a key forward, Zerk and Ridley can hold down defence, that'd be nice. But after the last time we experimented with that I wouldn't be doing it unless he's confident with it.

Yeah, I would have been happier if they left him behind.
Seriously? If Phillips gets injured at training tomorrow, who would you want in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Ethan.
I mean come on, we currently have Phillips (who played well last week), Bellchambers, Draper (hasn't played a senior game and hasn't played in 14 months), Crauford (promising but hasn't even played SANFL or VFL seniors yet), Bryan (beanpole who is 3-4 years away from doing anything) and if we're desperate McKernan (who averages approximately 4,000 FA a season playing ruck).

Not flying him up would have been just about the dumbest thing the club has done in a long time.

I mean come on, we currently have Phillips (who played well last week), Bellchambers, Draper (hasn't played a senior game and hasn't played in 14 months), Crauford (promising but hasn't even played SANFL or VFL seniors yet), Bryan (beanpole who is 3-4 years away from doing anything) and if we're desperate McKernan (who averages approximately 4,000 FA a season playing ruck).

Not flying him up would have been just about the dumbest thing the club has done in a long time.

I don’t think it was a comment intended literally.

Just listening to Andrew McGrath on SEN. You have an absolute gem there 👍

Outta all the recent no. 1 picks. I'd take him. Watched him closely last week. Had his own ball. Sadly will probably do the same to us this week.

yeah good player, good kid too.

probably a bit lacking in the foot disposal department but he is young and will develop nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back