Essendon vs Richmond who is better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond for mine also. Their form over the last couple of weeks has been amazing. On the other hand if Adelaide lose this week it would be fair to say they aren't much good.

obviously essendon but richmond are closing the gap very quickly.

both teams have a lot of young players yet to hit their prime which is the scary part. richmond have the better game breakers/match winners but essendons depth is far better across the park.

the tiges need a chf, more depth in key positions/ruck and upgraded small forwards. will nahas and king be there in a few years time?

The idea that Richmond were competitive in every game this year is wrong, they were never in the game against Collingwood. They scored 2 goals in the first half and the game was over 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter when they were 8 goals down. 7 goals down at 3/4 time and Collingwood put the que in the rack and Richmond got some junktime goals to flatter the margin.

Collingwood put the cue in the rack because they were spent. But essentially I agree; came away from that game pretty despondent about our performance. We've continued to improve since then, however.

Richmond are better. Gonna have a trio in the midfield which will be unstoppable in a couple years. Jumping Jack is a star. Backline is looking good. They now have the best ruckman in the league.

Essendon because they don't have Maric and Vickery. The Bombers have better rucks and better tall defenders to fall back on. If Maric is injured or played as the sole ruckman without better support, then Richmond might struggle to keep up the pace. Maric had a free ride with McEvoy and Stanley out last night.
Carlton's rd.1 side vs. Richmond now. That would be a good game to watch!
Carlton with Jamison, Warnock and Walker vs Richmond now.
Jumping Jack is a star.
Beat up a VFL player last night.
They now have the best ruckman in the league.
LOL.

Didn't Essendon beat us fair and square only a couple of weeks back? And they're in the Eight and we're not ... with 3 or 4 more wins than us?

I don't think I can come up with any rational argument that Richmond are currently better than Essendon (except maybe that they have Henry Slattery on their list and we don't).

This. It's really not a tough question to answer. At the moment Essendon are the better team. Will Richmond surpass them next year? That is a harder question to answer.

What both teams have proved is that roby's ranking system is all made up using his own opinions.

Essendon. But we are trending up and so are the Bombers. I'm not sure who will level out first, and what level that will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond
June 2002 - played 4, lost 4
June 2003 - played 3, lost 3
June 2004 - played 3, lost 3
June 2005 - played 3, lost 3

Essendon
June 2010 - played 3, lost 3
June 2011 - played 4, lost 4
June 2012 - played 1, lost 1

As a wise man once said, "Essendon are the new Richmond"...

Richmond
June 2002 - played 4, lost 4
June 2003 - played 3, lost 3
June 2004 - played 3, lost 3
June 2005 - played 3, lost 3

Essendon
June 2010 - played 3, lost 3
June 2011 - played 4, lost 4
June 2012 - played 1, lost 1

As a wise man once said, "Essendon are the new Richmond"...

Might want to wait until after we lose our next three games in June before making that call.

But you already knew that, I'm sure.

Richmond are better, a lot like Hawthorn in 2008.

Melbourne played with finals like intensity tonight. Essendon have been flat track bullies with a game plan that will fall apart come September when the heat goes up another couple notches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back