Essendon vs Richmond who is better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we clocked that over this year

You might just about scrape inside the 38 years I think, given history seems to have a clever way of repeating, and this seems REALLY plausible.

We broke a long premiership drought in 1967 when a crafty young player by the name of Kevin Sheedy debuted for us, though he missed the 1967 Grand Final, when we broke what was to then our longest drought. He played in a flag for us two seasons later, and followed with further flags. 17 years after debuting for us, he went on to coach your club to a flag to break your own drought, which to then was your longest.

So by my calculations.....Shai Bolton - who debuted for us in 2017 but didn’t play in the premiership team as we broke our longest drought - will be coaching Essendon to a longest drought breaking Premiership in 2034 wearing a bomber jacket with faux leather arms. Like this:

Yuk!

1604221983221.png

When the chips are down, you'd back a tried and true club like Essendon every day of the week. We're a blue chip stock like general electric or AMP.

Why are dons fans happier than a supporter base that has just achieved dynasty status?

If we are speaking of making a long term, well thought out plan and sticking with it despite outside noise and serious setbacks, Richmond.

If we are speaking of recruiting favourite sons to coach the club with zero coaching experience, letting them do what they want, shaming/silencing people who dare question his methods, recruiting players with glaring issues for top dollar and generally lurching from one disaster to another its Essendon.... or 2006-2016 Brisbane or Adelaide now, or Port up until about 2 years ago or North Melbourne.

When the chips are down, you'd back a tried and true club like Essendon every day of the week. We're a blue chip stock like general electric or AMP.
I'd say you're more like Kodak stocks

Pretty good for a while but around the turn of the century were superseded. Now good for some nostalgia but need to put their past behind them and go in a new direction if they want to reach those past heights.

I'd say you're more like Kodak stocks

Pretty good for a while but around the turn of the century were superseded. Now good for some nostalgia but need to put their past behind them and go in a new direction if they want to reach those past heights.
Touche. Most Essendon supporters are realistic about where we're at.

Essendon is my religion and I'll go down with the ship if necessary. Apostasy isn't an option.

Could be only 4 years away from the first one ;)
As for the second one - 20 down, 17 to go
i dont know how you did it
for all the talk of richmond fans being unbearable....ppl forget the pent up frustration you must have had

i'm going to be intolerable when we hit 17

Ill admit one thing.

Dyson Heppell IS better than Reece Conca.

Thats pretty much all Essendon have on us.
Conca has one thing Heppell will never have though, a finals win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back