Essendon vs Richmond

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Here’s hoping there’s lots more random, confusing and amateur score reviews to keep Dimma happy and focused ;)
only way youll get within a hundred of us...

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
3 weeks ago I would have tipped Tigers by 78. Since then, Bombers are playing well, and we are playing well below our best.
Without Daniher, their forward line becomes a lot more unpredictable, and for this week's game, I reckon that's an advantage for them.

I also give them the edge in speed this week, which is usually one of our greatest strengths. Castagna and Rioli are missing from our forward line, and we have added a tall in Moore who is quick, but not on the Rioli-level quick. Riewoldt is also not going to be 100% after a concussion last week. Meanwhile I am worried of their quicker, smaller players around the ground, I have seen first hand how effective these players can be if they bring 4 quarters of intensity and pressure.

Game will be within 23 points either way. Tipping the Tigers still, but if we don't improve from our performance from the last fortnight, we will get rolled.

Yeah, we could have a club legend inducted like say Barry Cable.

An Aboriginal player who never existed according to drunken old fraud Sheedy.
You have serious deep seeded issues man.

Deep

Fridge16

All Australian
Sep 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Tigers haven't dropped off at all, they lost the second hardest assignment in football at the moment which is West Coast in Perth and then still got a win after returning to Melbourne and a six day break. Some people questioned their ability to continue the form this year with concerns they would do a 2017 Bulldogs. They simply haven't, they are the bench mark and as a supporter that is the best feeling when your club is dependable and consistent.

Essendon are far from dependable and consistent but they certainly have a head of steam at the moment. However they face the hardest assignment in football right now, Tigers at the G. We might win, we might get smashed but either way I think we will find out a lot about Essendon this week.

Can't wait.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
If Bombers are to win they will need to be at the top of their game for 4 quarters, and even then if we bring our game it probably still wont be enough. I expect though that we will still be a little off our best due to a few factors, so If Essendon can keep it up for 4 quarters they have a good chance.

Since the Saints game last year we've only lost to teams that have played amazing football, and none of those have been at the G. If Bombers win this one then good on em, they will have well and truely earnt it.

Hopefully it should be a red hot game.

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigers haven't dropped off at all, they lost the second hardest assignment in football at the moment which is West Coast in Perth and then still got a win after returning to Melbourne and a six day break. Some people questioned their ability to continue the form this year with concerns they would do a 2017 Bulldogs. They simply haven't, they are the bench mark and as a supporter that is the best feeling when your club is dependable and consistent.

Essendon are far from dependable and consistent but they certainly have a head of steam at the moment. However they face the hardest assignment in football right now, Tigers at the G. We might win, we might get smashed but either way I think we will find out a lot about Essendon this week.

Can't wait.

This sort of logic does not belong on the MB!

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
We have brought alot of aggression and pressure the last two weeks but the Tigers are the kings of it.

I am expecting a loss but could see us winning if we maintain our aggression from last week.

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, we have. St.Kilda stretched us but weren't good enough to pull us apart like the Eagles.

Although Grimes is a big "in", I'm tipping the Bombers. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.
C'mon Ron...we pretty much won the game 2 men down. Wasn't pretty but we were always going to win, we just had to adjust on the fly.

I reckon if Jack & Houli played the whole game it would have been 8 goals + minimum.

The bombers pfft...they're about to find out what 'pressure' is.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
C'mon Ron...we pretty much won the game 2 men down. Wasn't pretty but we were always going to win, we just had to adjust on the fly.

I reckon if Jack & Houli played the whole game it would have been 8 goals + minimum.

The bombers pfft...they're about to find out what 'pressure' is.

Saints had a couple of injuries as well. Their team was very young and stretched the limits of "AFL standard". Was a pretty poor game and highlighted a few problems. Just how I saw it.

Really hope I'm wrong as a win here would give us a "free hit" at Port, which will be tougher again.

So he invented an entire race of people that have a history and culture of over 40,000 years? Maybe he really could talk with martians after all
Inventing a race pales into insignificance. North invented Fridays nights.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Saints had a couple of injuries as well. Their team was very young and stretched the limits of "AFL standard". Was a pretty poor game and highlighted a few problems. Just how I saw it.

Really hope I'm wrong as a win here would give us a "free hit" at Port, which will be tougher again.
Jack played 6% and Houli 14% the Saints lowest TOGs were 42 and 58% We had 12 players 90% and above compared to the Saints only 6. No way can you compare both teams

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack played 6% and Houli 14% the Saints lowest TOGs were 42 and 58% We had 12 players 90% and above compared to the Saints only 6. No way can you compare both teams

Yeah but Dunstan was banged up and hardly touched it. Not playing this week. The other bloke spent half the game on the exercise bike.

In the end we found another gear when challenged, so I don't think fitness was a factor. Once again, hope I'm wrong but think we have a few issues. We'll find out more tomorrow night!

TonaldDrump

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Guys, can we all take a moment to pay tribute to what MaddAdam has done for Indigenous players.

The achievements he made squash those of the likes of what Sheedy did. I mean, how dare Sheedy try to give recognition to the past and present Indigenous footballers who've played this game.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
3 weeks ago I would have tipped Tigers by 78. Since then, Bombers are playing well, and we are playing well below our best.
Without Daniher, their forward line becomes a lot more unpredictable, and for this week's game, I reckon that's an advantage for them.

I also give them the edge in speed this week, which is usually one of our greatest strengths. Castagna and Rioli are missing from our forward line, and we have added a tall in Moore who is quick, but not on the Rioli-level quick. Riewoldt is also not going to be 100% after a concussion last week. Meanwhile I am worried of their quicker, smaller players around the ground, I have seen first hand how effective these players can be if they bring 4 quarters of intensity and pressure.

Game will be within 23 points either way. Tipping the Tigers still, but if we don't improve from our performance from the last fortnight, we will get rolled.

Accurate assessment, in fact with the current momentum up swing the Bombers are building I think they'll win.
Bombers will do Demos like transformation going forward as their team strengthens to best 22.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
The first time this year Richmond are playing a mid to lower table side who think they are a genuine chance of beating them. They will enjoy this.

Expect them to assert their dominance fairly early on and keep their foot on the throat right to the end. :'(

Back