Preview Essendon vs St Kilda, Docklands, Friday 10/08/2018 @ 7.50PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No changes

Dea and Guelfi obviously didnt get up for this week again. Dea has me a tad worried

I don't think there's any way Dea gets back in. And I love him, he's such a wholesome footballer.

You simply cannot play him in concert with Goddard, Francis and Hurley, let alone Hooker as well.

I still find it sucks that Colyer keeps getting games ahead of someone like Mutch. He must be one of the most protected species we've ever had at Essendon. Plays crap for weeks on end, finally gets dropped. Doesn't even play a game and comes straight back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if when Guelfi is fit he's made to earn his spot ahead of Colyer too. Gotta love how we are making the most of our remaining games to give games to our experienced fringe players.

I would have like to see Stewart come in to try out a more potent forward line after the struggles of the last few weeks....and I’m sure Goddard is going to get roughed up again as the Saints use him to try and unsettle us like other teams have. Hope we can respond same as we did against Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of our Vfl players are beating down the door. Playing them in the Afl won't make them better. Langford went back there for a year and developed. Worked wonders. Very happy for Mutch, Clarke and Laverde ect to do the same. They aren't going anywhere soon.

We could be in the same boat with Myers as we are now with Colyer no? Nobodys talking about dropping Myers anymore. (and yes at times I thought he was done) Maybe just be happy that Colyer was VASTLY better and could actually be valuable. Three more games like last week and he's well worth being in the squad. He's not old or slow, just has lost his touch and no wonder after the last four years he's been though. I'd rather play him and find out if he can cut it than chuck Clarke in.

We've averaged 30 scoring shots a game over the last month, 2.75 of those games without any sort of forward line.
And our scores have been?

We have done bloody well with a make shift forward line, but last week demonstrated how good we could be with a tall forward as a target.

Not suggesting Stewart comes in by default, more that it is disappointing he hasn't cracked the team as we could use a plyer like him if he were in form/doing team things.

And our scores have been?

We have done bloody well with a make shift forward line, but last week demonstrated how good we could be with a tall forward as a target.

Not suggesting Stewart comes in by default, more that it is disappointing he hasn't cracked the team as we could use a plyer like him if he were in form/doing team things.

Wondering why he didn't play Afl or vfl and no talk of injury. Seems fishy. I noticed you mentioned doing team things. Be interested to hear more unless I missed something ..

Oh. The coaches planned that did they?
How is that relevant? You're arguing we can play them all in the same side, as we did that againsy Sydney and won. Which is a ridiculous argument given Dea essentially did not play.
I'm personally not necessarily against playing them together. But your argument needed to be called out for what it was.

Yeah, coz that’s why we won. :drunk:
You really missed the point.

Last edited:
I still find it sucks that Colyer keeps getting games ahead of someone like Mutch. He must be one of the most protected species we've ever had at Essendon. Plays crap for weeks on end, finally gets dropped. Doesn't even play a game and comes straight back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if when Guelfi is fit he's made to earn his spot ahead of Colyer too. Gotta love how we are making the most of our remaining games to give games to our experienced fringe players.
23 disposals, 8 marks, a goal and 105 fantasy points against Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back